- Opera vs. DuckDuckGo - which one should you choose? They both offer similar privacy protection features.
- Or better yet, a fully-featured browser vs. a private search engine - this is what this comparison is about.
- When choosing between Opera browser vs. DuckDuckGo, take a look at the pros and cons.
- keep in mind that DuckDuckGo isn't a regular browser so it will lack some functionalities.
Nowadays it’s important to protect your privacy online. There are multiple ways to do that, but one of the best is to use tools and services that are privacy-oriented.
DuckDuckGo is a popular choice as a default search engine since it offers some form of privacy, but browsers such as Opera are similarly efficient.
So today we’re going to compare where DuckDuckGo and Opera stand in terms of protecting your online identity.
DuckDuckGo vs. Opera: Which one protects my online privacy?
What is Opera?
Opera is a web browser that has been present on the market for 25 years. It’s completely free, and in the early days, it was a great alternative to Internet Explorer.
Over the years, the browser has evolved and it now offers many helpful tools, some of them unique.
What are the pros and cons of Opera?
- Low hardware usage
- Built-in adblocker and tracking protection
- Unlimited free VPN
- Available on all desktop and mobile platforms
- Advanced tab management
- My Flow tool to share work across all devices
- Few VPN servers
- Might load slower with some websites
What features does Opera have?
Opera is simple to use and with its low hardware requirements, it’s perfect even for low-resource PCs. The browser offers certain privacy features and it blocks both trackers and ads.
For an extra layer of security, there’s even a built-in VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth. The tool does not require any registration or additional downloading.
We also have to mention that the browser has crypto-mining protection and a an integrated crypto-wallet.
As for additional features, the browser has a battery saver that will give you an extra hour of battery life. In addition, you get enhanced bookmarks, Search in tabs function, mouse gesture facility, and many more.
What is DuckDuckGo?
For iOS and Android users, DuckDuchGo has a separate dedicated app. However, for desktop users, it comes only as an extension added to any other browser.
What are the pros and cons of DuckDuckGo?
- Private search engine
- Doesn’t store your data
- Doesn’t sell your browsing information to third parties
- Extensions available for all major browsers
- Browser app for iOS and Android
- Doesn’t have a dedicated browser for the desktop platform
- Lacks certain features that other search engines have
What features does DuckDuckGo have?
DuckDuckGo works like a regular search engine, but unlike other search engines, it doesn’t store any of your browsing data.
As a result, your information isn’t sold to the advertisers, so you won’t see any ads when using DuckDuckGo.
Thanks to the dedicated browser extensions, you can see the number of trackers DuckDuckGo blocks as well as a real-time evaluation of the trustworthiness of every website you’re visiting.
3. Opera vs DuckDuckGo: The final verdict
Comparing Opera and DuckDuckGo isn’t really fair since one is a web browser and the other is a search engine.
Both DuckDuckGo extension and Opera will block tracking cookies, but Opera can do it out of the box, without any extensions.
Thanks to the built-in VPN, Opera is a far better choice when it comes to securing your privacy online.
There you go, these are our thoughts on DuckDuckGo and Opera. Which browser and search engine do you use? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Opera is incredibly fast and light, despite being resourceful in terms of features. Thanks to its built-in ad blocker, you’ll enjoy a speedy, and ad-free browsing experience.
Some of Opera’s advantages are its customized tab management, low hardware requirements, built-in ad blocker, and a free unlimited VPN.
This depends on the user’s personal preference, but DuckDuckGo is better in terms of privacy since it doesn’t collect your personal information.
Yes, DuckDuckGo is completely reliable. Millions of users use it and trust it because it’s privacy-focused, unlike other search engines.