Amongst the most common errors on Origin, encountering an error when buying something is one of the most common.
This can create a lot of stress for people that have been waiting for a specific release for some time, and even affects the casual user.
The error seems to be linked to the location from which you are trying to buy the game, but in some cases, users have reported that the ability to buy was suddenly stopped with no explanation.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the EA Answers forums:
Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error:httpRequest ERROR]. I get this every time I try to purchase anything, or click “Join Origin Access”. Really want to purchase BF1, any help?
Because we understand how important it is for you to be able to download games from Origin freely, in today’s article we will explore some of the best fixes. Read on to find out more.
How to solve the Origin buying error on Windows 10?
1. Try using the Origin Online Store and not the client
Even though this might seem like a way too simple solution, some users have had success by simply using the Origin website to buy what they wanted.
In order to do this, it is recommended that you log into your Origin account, and add the payment details inside your account settings.
This fix points to an error inside the Origin application, but it doesn’t apply to all cases. Still, it’s worth a try.
You can use any browser for this task, but we recommend trying out UR Browser. This browser is quite similar to Chrome, but it’s more privacy-oriented since it’s not affiliated with Google.
The browser has malware, tracking, and phishing protection, and if you need extra security, there’s a built-in VPN.
2. Use a VPN service to complete your payment
The only way to find out if this fix works, is to install a VPN, and try to purchase something from Origin. If the location is causing the problem on your side, this will resolve it.
3. Delete Origin cache files
- Right-click your taskbar -> Task Manager.
- End tasks: Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe.
- Press Win+R -> type %ProgramData%/Origin -> Enter.
- Delete everything but the folder: LocalContent
- Press Win+R -> type %AppData% -> Enter.
- Delete the Origin folder.
- Click AppData -> open the Local folder -> delete Origin -> reboot PC.
4. Remove and reinstall the software to fix the Origin buying error
- Press Win+X -> Apps and Features.
- Click Origin -> Uninstall.
- Download Origin -> right-click installer -> Run as admin.
5. Your account might have been banned
To rectify this, visit this webpage and follow the instructions to get into contact with the Origin account department.
In this fix article, we explored the best methods to try if you can’t buy anything inside Origin. We hope this guide helped you troubleshoot your issue.
Please feel free to let us know if it did by using the comment section found below.
- Fix: Error C101A006 When Buying Windows Store Apps
- Can’t add friends on Origin client? Here’s how you can fix that
- FIX: Your Origin client is too old