A number of users have reported that their Origin client is showing them a bad image error – Origin.exe – Bad Image.
This issue is stopping all the users that are seeing this message from being able to run any of their games. This can get extremely frustrating over time, especially if you’ve been waiting to play a new game.
The error occurs suddenly and seems to affect users with different system setups.
For this reason, today we will discuss some of the best troubleshooting methods to solve this issue and get back to playing your favorite Origin games. Read on to find out more.
Here’s how to fix the Origin bad image error on Windows 10
1. Install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- Visit this page and download the file by clicking the download button.
- Run the installation file on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Restart your PC, and follow the next method.
2. Install the Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013
- Visit this Microsoft webpage -> download the file installer.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it successfully.
- Restart your PC, then follow the next method.
3. Download Visual C++ 2013 Runtime for Sideloaded Windows 8.1 apps
- Click this link (starts download directly) to download the Visual C++ 2013 Runtime.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer when the process has completed successfully.
4. Run SFC command inside PowerShell
- Press the Win+X keys on your keyboard -> choose PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- Inside the PowerShell window -> type sfc/scannow -> press Enter to run the command.
- The process of scanning your system for errors will start.
- After the process is completed, please follow the next steps.
5. Update your GPU drivers
- Press the Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager -> click the drop-down menu and select your GPU.
- Right-click the GPU and choose Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If drivers are found -> follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- If drivers are not found -> search the GPU’s manufacturer’s website for updates and follow the instructions there to download and install the update manually.
In this fix article, we explored some of the best-proven methods to deal with the Origin bad image error message.
Please make sure to follow the methods described in this list carefully, and after applying each method, try to see if the issue is fixed.
Feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comment section below.
- How to fix the Radeon Settings: Host Application has stopped working error
- Opera GX gaming browser lets you take control of CPU and GPU usage
- Your browser does not support cross-origin requests? Check these solutions