Outlook keeps highlighting words [QUICK FIX]
You might’ve noticed that Outlook is highlighting certain words in your email messages. This isn’t a big problem, but it can be slightly annoying.
Here’s how one user on Microsoft Answers describes the issue:
The new Hotmail seems to have a feature that is very distracting which is highlighting words in the emails. How can I turn this off.
There are two reasons for highlighted words, first being the actual style of an email message and the other is a new feature called Joyful Animations.
Sometimes users might highlight certain words to put the extra focus, and while this can be a bit distracting you can’t really change the style of received emails. As for Joyful Animations, it’s a new featured recently added to the web version of Outlook, that highlights certain words, such as “Congratulations” for example.
Now that you know why highlighted words appear in Outlook, let’s see how to get rid of them once and for all.
How do I disable word highlighting in Outlook?
Disable Joyful Animations
- Open the Web version of Outlook.
- Log in with your email and password.
- Now click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select View all Outlook settings at the bottom.
- Now go to Mail > Compose and reply. In the Joyful animations section, be sure to disable Show joyful animations in the reading pane.
- Now click the Save button to save changes.
There you go, a quick and easy way to disable highlighted words in Outlook. Although highlighted words can be useful and draw attention, some users don’t want to have this feature enabled.
Disabling highlighted words is fast and simple, and we hope that you found this guide useful. If so, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- What to do if you can’t remove text highlighting in MS Word
- Outlook won’t print the entire email [BEST SOLUTIONS]
- Recipient Inbox Full Gmail/Outlook Error [EXPERT FIX]
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]