- Outlook includes a handy Quick Print option with which users can print PDF and other file attachments.
- If this option fails, you can always save the attachment locally and print it with alternative software like Adobe Acrobat Reader. Check all the fixes detailed in the article below.
- Get more useful info about the Reader's capacities from our Adobe Acrobat Reader page.
- Find out everything that is worth knowing about your email client app from our Outlook News & Guides Hub.
How can I fix Outlook 365 PDF attachment printing?
1. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you cannot print from Outlook 365, save your attachment on your PC and try printing it with a dedicated PDF software like Adobe Reader.
Simply download the software from Adobe’s official page, install it on your PC, and enjoy a plethora of additional features for PDFs manipulation completely free.
- Open an email within Outlook.
- Then click the drop-down menu button for an attached PDF file.
- Select the attachments in the Save All Attachments window, and click the OK button.
- Open the Acrobat Reader.
- Click File > Open to open the saved PDF document.
- Then click File > Print to print the PDF.
Adobe Acrobat ReaderThe ultimate PDF reading experience. Use it to correctly open files and print them.
2. Repair corrupted PDF attachments
- Users who can’t open and print their attached PDF documents with Outlook or any other software might need to fix corrupted PDF files. To fix a corrupted PDF, you can use a tool such as Stellar.
- Select all the PDF attachments that you need to print
- Add them to Stellar PDF Repair Tool
- Then press the Repair button.
- Preview the files to verify the result and save them on your computer.
- Thereafter, open the fixed PDF document; and try printing it again.
Stellar Repair for PDFRestore text or extract all components from broken files. Then you can easily print the repaired PDFs
3. Try printing the PDF attachment from a different email client
Outlook started out as a basic email client. Of course, some new features were added. You can also see a stronger integration with the rest of the Office suite.
However, other email clients for Windows have appeared. Strong contenders such as Mailbird feature integration with your favorite apps such as Google Calendar or WhatsApp.
There’s even a cool feature that connects to LinkedIn to look up your contacts. Basic functionalities such as printing the PDFs you’ve received as attachment are also present.
Give Mailbird a try. It might be the breath of fresh air that you needed especially with the 24/7 support offered on paid plans.
MailbirdAdd all your mailboxes to Mailbird and easily print any PDF attachments. Check out the special features available.
4. Delete Temporary Outlook files
- Some users have said that they’ve fixed Outlook not printing PDF files by erasing temporary Outlook files. Press the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Select the Hidden items checkbox on File Explorer’s View tab.
- Then enter this path in File Explorer’s address bar:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook
- Select all the files within the Content.Outlook folder by pressing the Ctrl + A hotkey.
- Click the Delete button.
5. Open Outlook in Safe Mode
- To ensure there aren’t any conflicting add-ins, users can open id=”urn:enhancement-53ce20e0″ class=”textannotation”>Outlook in Safe Mode. Press the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Enter Outlook /safe in Run.
- Press the OK button.
- Select Outlook on the Profile Name drop-down menu.
- Select the OK option.
- Then try printing the PDF documents from Outlook in Safe Mode.
6. Check the selected Printer is the default one
- Users can only print Outlook PDF attachments to their default printers with the Print attached files option selected. To check you’re selecting the default printer, open the Run accessory.
- Enter Control Panel in Run and press Return to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Devices and Printers to open the Control Panel applet in the snapshot directly below. That Control Panel applet highlights the default printer with a green tick.
- If the printer selected to print PDFs is not the default one, right-click it and select the Set as default printer option.
- Then select the default printer in Outlook’s Print options window.
Start Outlook 365 and try printing a PDF attachment to see if this solved your issue.
7. Update the Printer Driver
Users who generally can’t print PDF documents might need to update their printer drivers. To do so, you can manually search for the current drivers and lookup any new versions available.
Or, you can do this automatically with a very lightweight tool such as DriverFix.
It will find missing drivers and outdated ones. With a simple click on the Update your drivers now button, you will let it download and install the latest version for the devices and components that you have installed.
DriverFixAutomatically scan and detect outdated drivers. Easily fix printing issues and other incompatibilities.
Those are a few tips that might fix Outlook printing for PDF attachments. Some of the resolutions in this post might also come in handy for fixing PDF attachment printing.
Similar problems could happen in earlier versions of Outlook as well. For instance, some users are saying that Outlook 2016 quick print pdf not working. In this case, the same solutions should apply.
Do you know other methods? Feel free to share them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about PDF files in Adobe and Outlook 365 attachments
- Does Adobe Reader install PDF printer?
The Adobe PDF Printer enables the process through which new PDF files are created. This functionality is only available with Adobe Acrobat DC and it does not apply to the free desktop application (Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- How do I set up an Adobe PDF Printer?
In order to install the PDF Printer Driver, open the Devices and Printers section from the Control Panel. Select Add a printer, then click Add a local printer and finally choose Adobe PDF from the drop-down.
- How do I convert an Outlook email to Adobe PDF?
You can either right-click the email you wish to save as a PDF and select Convert to Adobe PDF from the results or open the email and click the printer icon, then select Save as PDF.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in August 2019 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.