- If the Outlook Quick Print option is not working then it may be because your PDFs are damaged.
- In this case, you can use a smart tool that can repair corrupted files.
- Sometimes, when you can't print a PDF from Outlook, you might need to perform some troubleshooting in Safe Mode.
- A really quick fix may also be installing the latest version of a dedicated Adobe app.
Outlook 365 includes a handy Quick Print option with which users can print PDF and other file attachments.
However, some users have said in Microsoft forum posts that the Microsoft Outlook Quick Print function is not working when it comes to PDF email attachments.
In this article, we’re going to see what are the easiest and most efficient solutions to fixing this issue in no time.
What can I do if Outlook quick print is not working?
1. Check if the selected Printer is the default one
- Users can only print Outlook PDF attachments to their default printers with the Print attached files option selected. To check you’re selecting the default printer, open the Run accessory.
- Enter Control Panel in Run and press Return to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Devices and Printers to open the Control Panel applet in the snapshot directly below. That Control Panel applet highlights the default printer with a green tick.
- If the printer selected to print PDFs is not the default one, right-click it and select the Set as default printer option.
- Then select the default printer in Outlook’s Print options window.
If you notice that the Quick Print option is not working in Outlook, it might be because your printer is not even set to be your default device for this particular action.
Follow the steps mentioned above then start Outlook 365 and try printing a PDF attachment to see if this solved your issue.
2. Install a third-party specialized software
- Open an email within Outlook.
- Then click the drop-down menu button for an attached PDF file.
- Select the attachments in the Save All Attachments window, and click the OK button.
- Open the Acrobat Reader.
- Click File then Open to open the saved PDF document.
- Then click File, access Print to print the PDF.
If you cannot print a PDF file from Outlook 365, save your attachment on your PC and try printing it with a dedicated PDF software like Adobe Reader.
Simply download the software from Adobe’s official page, install it on your PC, and enjoy a plethora of additional features for PDFs manipulation completely free.
3. Delete Temporary Outlook files
- Some users have said that they’ve fixed Outlook not printing PDF files by erasing temporary Outlook files. Press the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Select the Hidden items checkbox on File Explorer’s View tab.
- Then enter this path in File Explorer’s address bar:
C:Users%username%AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet FilesContent.Outlook
- Select all the files within the Content.Outlook folder by pressing the Ctrl + A hotkey.
- Click the Delete button.
4. Repair corrupted PDF attachments
- Open Stellar File Recovery Tool.
- Select all the PDF attachments that you need to print
- Add them to Stellar PDF Repair Tool
- Then press the Repair button.
- Preview the files to verify the result and save them on your computer.
- Thereafter, open the fixed PDF document; and try printing it again.
Users who can’t open and print their attached PDF documents with Outlook or any other software might need to fix corrupted PDF files. To fix a corrupted PDF, you can safely use Stellar File Recovery Tool.
5. Open Outlook in Safe Mode
- To ensure there aren’t any conflicting add-ins, users can open the path below in Safe Mode then press the Windows key + R hotkey:
- Enter Outlook /safe in Run.
- Press the OK button.
- Select Outlook on the Profile Name drop-down menu.
- Select the OK option.
- Then try printing the PDF documents from Outlook in Safe Mode.
Using Safe Mode is usually a solution that can work magic if when you’re encountering errors and this case is no different, just follow the steps above carefully and you’ll get it fixed in no time.
6. Manually update the printer’s driver
- Access the search box on the taskbar, type in device manager, then select Device Manager.
- From the list select a category to see the devices, then click on the one you’d like to update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Select Update Driver.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Users who generally ask Why can’t i print a pdf file from my email, should know that they might need to update their printer drivers. Just follow the steps mentioned above and you should be able to solve the issue.
If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
7. Try printing the PDF attachment from a different email client
Outlook started out as a basic email client. Of course, some new features were added. You can also see a stronger integration with the rest of the Office suite.
However, other email clients for Windows have appeared. Strong contenders such as Mailbird feature integration with your favorite apps such as Google Calendar or WhatsApp.
There’s even a cool feature that connects to LinkedIn to look up your contacts. Basic functionalities such as printing the PDFs you’ve received as attachments are also present.
Give Mailbird a try. It might be the breath of fresh air that you needed especially with the 24/7 support offered on paid plans.
Those are a few tips that might fix Outlook printing for PDF attachments and we trust that if you follow our instructions correctly you’ll solve the issue.
Similar problems could happen in earlier versions of Outlook as well. For instance, some users are saying that Outlook 2016 quick print pdf not working. In this case, the same solutions should apply.
Do you know other methods? Feel free to share them in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.