Email is a crucial part of our lives and it can be quite frustrating for you if you find yourself not being able to send emails. Speaking of which, it seems that Outlook won’t send emails after upgrade to Windows 10, so let’s explore this issue.
Users have reported that they are unable to send emails using Outlook on Windows 10, and this issue seems to affect various versions of Outlook. In order to fix this issue we have a couple of solutions for you.
How to solve problems with Outlook not sending emails in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Run System File Checker scan
If you’re not familiar System File Checker is a scan that will scan your Windows 10 for any corrupted system files, and it will repair those files if possible.
To perform System File Checker scan you need to do the following:
- Right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin). If for some reason Command Prompt isn’t available you can choose Windows PowerShell(Admin) instead.
- When the Command Prompt opens you need to type sfc /scannow.
- Press Enter and wait for the process to complete. System File Checker can take about 20 minutes on a regular hard drive, so make sure that you don’t interrupt it.
- When the scan finishes it will inform you whether it was successful or not.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is solved.
Solution 2 – Perform a clean install of Windows 10
If the System File Checker was unable to help, maybe you should perform a clean install of Windows 10. Just make sure that you create backup for your important files and not delete them by accident. Reinstalling Outlook might also help. If you’re not sure how to do this, ask someone to help you out, or hire someone to do it for you.
Solution 3 – Change your email client
We know that switching to a different email client isn’t easy, especially if you’re used to Outlook, but if none of these solutions help maybe you should consider switching to an alternative email client. There are many free ones available and most of them will do perfectly as an Outlook replacement. We would strongly suggest you Mailbird as one of the leaders on the market. It is friendly user and has many great features that will be very helpful in mailing management.
As you can see, this problem is caused by corrupt Windows 10 files, and in most cases performing a System File Checker fixes the problem and many users have confirmed that this solution worked for them.
If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.