- The Warzone paging file error can be caused by insufficient memory or bugs in the game.
- One quick fix to this issue is to update your drivers to the latest version.
- If you're experiencing this issue, a hardware problem with your memory can be the cause.
The Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the trendy games that has taken users’ gaming experience to another level. However, things are not all rosy, as users run into problems with it.
One of the earliest problems was the Warzone stuck on the loading screen, which proved pretty frustrating. Now, it is the Warzone paging file error depriving users of the pleasure of doing what they love.
Thankfully, we have gathered seven effective and proven fixes for this problem. The fixes are not far-fetched, and you should find them practicable.
What are the causes of War Paging file error?
The causes of the paging file error on Warzone are numerous. Below are some of the common ones:
- Outdated Windows.
- Outdated or broken drivers.
- Insufficient virtual memory allocation.
- Running counter programs.
How do I fix the paging file error in Warzone?
1. Update Windows
- Press the Start button and select the Settings option.
- Select on the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Click the Install now button to download and install all available updates.
2. Update graphics card drivers
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Device Manager option.
- Click on the Display adapters option to expand it.
- Right-click on any of the drivers there and select the Update drivers option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- From here, follow the simple on-screen instructions to install any driver update shown.
Instead of going through the steps above, you can automate the process with a top-notch driver updater in DriverFix.
DriverFix is renowned software that automatically scans, recommends, and installs drivers. Be it outdated, missing, or broken drivers, this incredible software does not leave any stone unturned.
It has a whooping database of 18 million original drivers from trusted manufacturers worldwide. This assures you that it surely has everything you need in-store already.
What’s more, you can schedule driver scans on DriverFix. This allows you to focus on other things and let it take care of your drivers’ functionality. It is just everything you need never to be bothered by driver problems on your PC again.
3. Set virtual memory to Automatic
- Press the Start button and type control panel.
- Select the Control Panel app option.
- Click System and Security.
- Select the System option.
- Click the Advanced system settings option on the left pane.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the System properties window.
- Click the Settings button under the performance tab.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the Virtual Memory window.
- Go to the Virtual Memory section and click the Change button.
- Now, check the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox and click the Ok button to save the changes.
4. Increase Video memory scale value
- Open File Explorer and click the Documents folder on the left pane.
- Select Call Of Duty Warzone.
- Now, select the Players option.
- Double-click on adv_options.ini file.
- Select Notepad as the app to open it.
- Finally, increase the value of VideoMemoryScale.
Allocating more video memory to the Call of Duty Warzone game is a good solution to the paging file error. This is because the increased VRAM allocation helps eliminate many graphical problems that could lead to it.
However, it is important that you only allocate as much as VRAM your graphics card can take. To ensure you get it right, increase the value slowly and test your game to see if it runs with stability.
5. Check RAM
A loosely-fitted RAM causes all sorts of problems on PCs. It has proved to be one of the major causes of the paging file error on Warzone.
You need to remove the RAM and connect it back firmly to solve this. But you need to be careful while doing it, so you don’t damage the module. It might be better to see an expert if you don’t know your way around it.
6. Close running programs
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Task Manager option.
- Right-click all the apps in the Apps section and choose the End task option.
- Relaunch Warzone.
7. Repair game files
- Launch the Battle.net app.
- Choose the Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Click the Settings Cog.
- Click on the Scan and Repair option.
There you have it: the seven practicable fixes for Warzone paging file error. As frustrating as this error could be, it is not difficult to solve, as we have shown.
If you face other issues like Warzone lag spikes, you can check out our detailed guide on how to fix it quickly.
Let us know the fix that helped you get back to your gaming best in the comments section below.