Paging File Error in Warzone: 6 Solutions That can Help you
A few simple solutions for a hitch-free gaming experience
- The Warzone paging file error can be caused by insufficient memory or bugs in the game.
- One quick fix to this issue is to update your drivers to the latest version.
- If you're experiencing this issue, a hardware problem with your memory can be the cause.
This article explores the Paging file error on Warzone, identifying causes and recommending solutions.
The Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the trendy games that has taken users’ gaming experience to another level. However, things are not all rosy, as users face problems with it.
One of the earliest problems was the Warzone stuck on the loading screen, which proved frustrating. Now, the Warzone paging file error deprives users of the pleasure of doing what they love.
Thankfully, we have gathered seven effective and proven fixes for this problem. The fixes are not far-fetched, and you should find them practicable.
What causes paging file error?
The causes of the paging file error on Warzone are numerous. Below are some of the common ones:
- Outdated Windows – When the OS is outdated, many applications and processes may stop functioning properly. For some users, this results in the Warzone paging file error
- Outdated or broken drivers – A few users had also reported that they experienced the error when drivers, especially the graphics driver, became outdated.
- Insufficient virtual memory allocation -All applications need to use some system resources. Low virtual memory will trigger this error.
- Running counter programs – Conflicting programs on a device often result in errors and bugs and may trigger the Pagging file error.
We will now show you the best steps to restore the game to normal functioning after experiencing this error.
How do I fix the paging file error in Warzone?
Before starting with these solutions, check your RAM and ensure it sits properly. A loosely-fitted RAM causes all sorts of problems on PCs. For example, it has proved to be one of the major causes of the paging file error on Warzone.
1. Update Windows
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click the Check for Updates button.
- Click the Install now button to download and install all available updates.
2. Update graphics card drivers
2.1 Update manually
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Device Manager option.
- Click on the Display adapters option to expand it.
- Right-click on any of the drivers there and select the Update drivers option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- From here, follow the simple on-screen instructions to install any driver update shown.
2.2 Update automatically
Instead of going through the steps above, you can automate the process with a top-notch driver updater in DriverFix.
Outdated drivers are the main reason for errors & system issues. If some of your files are missing or crashing, an automated solution like DriverFix can solve these problems in just a couple of clicks. And it's also lightweight on your system!
DriverFix is renowned software that automatically scans, recommends, and installs drivers. Whether outdated, missing, or broken drivers, this incredible software leaves no stone unturned.
It has a whooping database of 18 million original drivers from trusted manufacturers worldwide. This assures you that it indeed has everything you need in-store already.
What’s more, you can schedule driver scans on DriverFix. This lets you focus on other things and let it take care of your drivers’ functionality. It is everything you need, never to be bothered by driver problems on your PC again.
3. Set virtual memory to Automatic
- Press the Start button and type control panel.
- Select the Control Panel app option.
- Click System and Security, and click the System option.
- Click the Advanced system settings option on the left pane.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the System properties window.
- Click the Settings button under the performance tab.
- Switch to the Advanced tab in the Virtual Memory window.
- Go to the Virtual Memory section and click the Change button.
- Now, check the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox and click the Ok button to save the changes.
4. Increase Video memory scale value
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer and click the Documents folder on the left pane.
- Select Call Of Duty Warzone.
- Now, select the Players option.
- Double-click on adv_options.ini file.
- Select Notepad as the app to open it.
- Finally, increase the value of VideoMemoryScale.
Allocating more video memory to the Call of Duty Warzone game is an excellent solution to the paging file error. This is because the increased VRAM allocation helps eliminate many graphical problems that could lead to it.
However, it is essential that you only allocate as much VRAM as your graphics card can take. To ensure you get it right, increase the value slowly and test your game to see if it runs with stability.
5. Close running programs
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Task Manager option.
- Right-click all the apps in the Apps section and choose the End task option.
- Relaunch Warzone.
6. Repair game files
- Launch the Battle.net app.
- Choose the Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
- Click the Settings Cog and choose Scan and Repair option.
There you have it: the seven practicable fixes for Warzone paging file error. As frustrating as this error could be, it is not difficult to solve, as we have shown.
If you face other issues like Warzone lag spikes, you can check out our detailed guide on fixing it quickly.
In the comments section below, let us know the fix that helped you get back to your gaming best.