- Path of Exile’s Runtime error can happen when the game’s software conflicts with a Microsoft Windows component.
- You need to find out which Microsoft Windows part is causing the problem and disable it.
- Some users end up losing all game files and data if the error persists without fixing it.
The Path of Exile runtime error is a frequent error users encounter. However, like every other game, POE has downsides that can be annoying to get by.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error occurs some software installed on your computer doesn’t agree with some Microsoft Windows parts. However, this happens when some part of the game on your PC conflicts with some Microsoft Windows components.
Nonetheless, find out which software or Windows component is causing the issue. Fortunately, we have discovered some effective fixes for the Path of Exile runtime error.
What causes Microsoft Visual c++ runtime error?
Sometimes, the graphics card drivers in your PC may cause this error. For example, when your graphics card driver is not up-to-date or not functioning as expected, you will get this error.
However, it also occurs when software installed on your device conflicts with some Microsoft Windows components. In this scenario, incompatibility is a big issue and will always prompt the Microsoft Visual c++ runtime error.
How do I fix POE’s runtime error?
1. Hide Microsoft Services
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box.
- In the run space, type MSCONFIG to prompt the System Configuration Utility.
- Click the Services tab.
- Tick the Hide All Microsoft Services box.
- Press the Disable all services and reboot your PC.
- After observing steps 1-5, if you no longer get the error message, you have disabled the service.
However, you need to enable other features and know the specific Microsoft service to isolate. Repeat steps 1-5 but in this case, then allow the services one at a time. This should fix the path of exile runtime error.
However, if you get the error message again, you will be able to identify which service conflicts with the game.
2. Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Press the Windows + S keys to prompt the search option.
- Please search for the control panel and click on it.
- In the control panel, go to Programs and Features.
- Open the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, then double-click on it to remove it.
- Reboot your PC and check if the error persists.
3. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) page in your browser.
- On the page, click the download button and wait till it is complete.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the installation wizard prompts.
- After the installation, reboot your PC.
4. Uninstall the App
- Press the Windows key + I to launch the Settings app.
- Click the apps from the options listed.
- Please search for the POE client, and click on it.
- Select the Uninstall button.
- Go to the official download site and reinstall the app on your device.
The last option is Uninstalling POE and installing it on your device. However, try the other fixes above before doing.
We’d love to hear your suggestions and questions in the comments below.