PC has blocked access to this file [FIXED BY EXPERTS]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. This issue can hinder your work, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this pesky error once and for all.
How do I unblock files on Windows 10?
1. Change file properties
- Right-click on the file that Windows has blocked.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the General tab.
- Under the General tab and towards the bottom, there is the Security section that provides the Unblock checkbox.
- Checkmark the same.
- Click on Apply > OK.
2. Unblock files via Windows SmartScreen
- Attempt to run a file or app that has otherwise been deemed unsafe and hence blocked.
- There is usually the message saying Windows protected your PC and will list out the App name and its publisher.
- The message comes with only two buttons: More info and OK.
- Clicking OK will shut the case for you. Instead, click on More info.
- Doing so reveals two more options: Run anyway and Don’t run.
- Click on Run anyway and you will be able to open the file or app.
3. Edit Local Policy settings
- Open Local Group Policy Editor. (Type Local Group Policy Editor or just gpedit.msc in the Cortana search box and then selecting from the search result.)
- From the options on the left, select User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager.
- On the right panel, select the setting – Do not preserve zone information in file attachments.
- Click on the link Edit policy setting.
- In the Do not preserve zone information in file attachments window that opens, select Enabled.
- Click on Apply > OK.
- Restart your PC.
- This way, Windows won’t tally the file attachments with their zone information anymore. This should help prevent Windows from blocking access to files.
There you go, these are three simple methods you can use to fix PC has blocked access to this file error on your PC. If these methods worked for you, feel free to let us know using the comments section below.
- Unable to access shared folder on Windows 10 [Super Guide]
- Steam access denied: You’ll say thank you for this guide
- Fix: Antivirus blocking iTunes on Windows 10
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]