- The PC Health Check helps you check if your PC is ready for Windows 11 and identify any potential problems.
- If you can't install the latest OS, this tool will show exactly what requirements were not met.
- The app also has some extra options like renaming your PC, backing up your system, and more.
If you didn’t update your PC to the latest OS, know that Windows 11 can offer a lot of advantages over Windows 10. To learn more about it, here’s our in-depth Windows 11 review.
The system requirements are readily available and it’s for the first time that you can’t run a Windows OS unless you have Internet access.
However, if you want to be double sure or if you want to check faster whether your laptop or PC can run Windows 11, you can download the PC Health Check app.
How to see if my PC is ready for Windows 11?
If you still don’t want to install an app on your PC, you can confront the specifications of your PC with the minimum requirements specifications provided by Microsoft.
How can the PC Health Check app help me?
The company likely has plenty more planned for the Health Check application. And of course, as with any new app, there is always a chance of bugs and glitches that could ruin our experience.
But the tool allows you to get a detailed compatibility check of your system, including the Windows 11 compatible processors that Microsoft added to the list.
If your system does not meet the strict requirements of this OS, the app will give you a checklist of detailed reasons why not, and hopefully ways of fixing them.
How can I download the Windows PC Health app on Windows 10?
- Download the PC Health Check app (it’s a Windows Installer package that has around 13MB), then click on it to start the installation.
- When the process is done, click the Finish button.
- Now click on the Check Now button.
- You’ll either get the This PC meets Windows 11 requirements answer, or you’ll get a sadder answer that This PC can’t run Windows 11. Either way, you can click on See all results to check the situation.
- You will see if you ticked all the boxes for requirements or what you need to change.
Furthermore, in case this is the first time you’re using the app, you should know that there are a couple of features inside the app meant to provide health and performance data.
By using the PC Health Check app you can also do the following:
- Quickly rename your PC
- Backup & Sync (here you’ll get a notification in case you’re not backing up your data)
- Have a quick overview of the Windows Update status
- Verify the storage capacity status
- Get Startup times details
So, the Windows PC Health Check download is not only a great tool to know if your PC is ready for Windows 11, but it’s also useful for many other procedures.
What to do if the app says that your PC isn’t ready for Windows 11?
Microsoft has indeed updated the PC Health Check app to show more information about why your computer won’t be able to run Windows 11.
This initiative will help with some of the confusion that sprung up around compatibility. If you already downloaded and installed the application, it should auto-update when you start it up again.
Running the PC Health Check app, you will know the reasons why Windows 11 can’t run on your device, so you can make the necessary adjustments.
However, if you don’t receive a positive answer, read our guide on what to do if you get This PC cannot run Windows 11 error.
Don’t worry because you can install Windows 11 without TPM but you can’t avoid the other requirements like the minimum 4 GB of RAM or the disk space.
What can I do if PC Health Check App is not opening?
- Press the Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter or click OK.
- Find Windows PC Health Check in the list of apps, right-click on it and select Repair.
- This will reinstall and restart the app. If that doesn’t work, right-click the app again and select Uninstall.
- Next, download the app and install it again.
Microsoft kept its promise and updated the PC Health Check app. However, it seems that it crashes for many. We would appreciate it if you’d leave a comment below saying how the app behaves for you.
At the same time, not everybody finds this tiny app quite useful. Some users are disappointed with the app’s functionality.
From the looks of it, it seems that the TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) could be the biggest trigger of them all, and there’s already some chatter on the web around this.
We will probably have to dig some more and see what are the real implications for consumers because at the moment it seems that although this is a feature aimed at improving security, it does have its controversies.
Check out our extensive guide on what to do if the Windows PC Health Check app crashes.
How do I remove PC Health Check?
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Next, go to the Apps section and locate the Windows PC Health Check app.
- Finally, press the Uninstall button and confirm your action.
If you still cannot properly use this app, even after having reinstalled it, it only makes sense to want to remove PC Health Check for good.
After all, you don’t need another program to take up space and memory especially if it does not do you any good.
Now, you can use a professional uninstaller tool for the job and remove software leftovers after eliminating the main program.
So where does that leave your compatibility test? Well, if you don’t like the idea of a PC Health Check download or if it’s simply not working for you, you can check if your PC is Windows 11 compatible with WhyNotWin11 software.
How do I download the PC Health Check app for Windows 11?
- Download the PC Health Check app on Windows 11 and run the file, then accept the terms and hit the Install button.
- After the Windows PC Health Check setup ends, click the Finish button.
- As you’re already running Windows 11, it’s pointless to check if you’ve got what it takes to run it but you can benefit from all other options like renaming your PC, Backup & sync, Windows update and checking the storage capacity and the startup time.
Is Windows PC Health Check a virus?
No, this app isn’t malware, it’s designed by Microsoft so it’s perfectly safe to use on your PC. Do keep in mind that there might be malicious fake versions of this software.
To avoid any problems with malware, always download this software directly from Microsoft and not from third-party websites.
So, this is how you can use the PC Health Check App to check Windows 11 compatibility on your PC.
We also saw increased traffic on our article that speaks about this error: Your computer’s trusted platform module has malfunctioned, so we encourage you to check our dedicated guide about it.
So, this could potentially mean that an increasing number of Windows 10 users are testing the app and getting errors that could be linked to the TPM.
If you are one of them too, please help us know more by leaving a comment in the section below.