How to fix Pinnacle Game Profiler startup errors in Windows 10
Pinnacle Game Profiler won’t launch on Windows 10 computers
- Run Pinnacle Game Profiler as Administrator
- Update Your Pinnacle Installation
- Reinstall Pinnacle Game Profiler
- Adjust the Date in Windows 10
- Disable Antivirus Software
Pinnacle Game Profiler is software with which you can set up custom controller profiles for Windows games. However, some users have stated in forum posts that Pinnacle Game Profiler doesn’t start for them in Windows 10. The software crashes upon launch. These are a few resolutions that might fix PGP when it doesn’t start.
How do I fix Pinnacle Game Profiler issues ?
1. Run Pinnacle Game Profiler as Administrator
First, note that you need to run Pinnacle Game Profiler as an administrator. You can run PGP as admin by right-clicking its shortcut and selecting Run as administrator. You can also configure the software to run as administrator as follows.
- Right-click your Pinnacle Game Profiler shortcut and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab shown directly below.
- Select the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click the Apply button, and press the OK button to close the Pinnacle Game Profiler Properties window.
For more information on how to make yourself an administrator or fix various PC administrator issues, you can check out the guides below:
- How to Make Files, Apps Run Always as Admin in Windows 10
- How to Make Yourself an Administrator in Windows 8, 8.1,10
- Full Fix: Disabled Administrator Account on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
2. Update Your Pinnacle Installation
- Some users have fixed PGP by updating the Pinnacle installation. To do that, right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run’s Open text box and click OK to open the Programs and Features applet shown directly below.
- Select Pinnacle Game Profiler and press its Uninstall/Change button.
- Then select the Update Pinnacle Installation option there.
- Press the Next button.
- Note that the InstallShield Wizard window includes a Repair Pinnacle Installation option, which might also come in handy for fixing PGP.
3. Reinstall Pinnacle Game Profiler
Some users have confirmed that reinstalling Pinnacle Game Profiler has gotten the software up and running. Uninstall your current PGP software with a third-party uninstaller, and then go to the Pinnacle website to get the most update version. You can remove PGP with Advanced Uninstaller PRO as follows.
- Open this page on the Advanced Uninstaller PRO site, and click the Download Now button. Then open the Uninstaller PRO setup wizard to add the software to Windows.
- Open the Advanced Uninstaller PRO software, and click General Tools > Uninstall Programs to open the Uninstall Programs window.
- Select the Pinnacle Game Profiler software listed there, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Select the Use the leftover scanner option on the Advanced Uninstaller PRO dialog box window that opens.
- Then click Yes to uninstall PGP.
- An Application uninstall window will open showing you leftover files and registry entries to erase. Select them all and click Next > Done.
- Close Windows Uninstaller PRO, and restart your desktop or laptop.
- Click Download Now on this webpage to add the latest Pinnacle Game Profiler trial version to Windows. Then you can register the software to convert it to full version.
— RELATED: How to fix Game DVR issues on Windows 10
4. Adjust the Date in Windows 10
A few users have also stated that they’ve fixed PGP not starting by adjusting the Windows system date to a month prior to the actual date before opening the software. That’s a curious fix which probably won’t work for everybody, but it’s worth a shot. This is how you can adjust the date in Windows.
- Open Cortana’s search box by pressing the Type here to search button.
- Enter the keyword ‘date’ in the search box, and then select Change the date and time.
- Toggle both the Set the time automatically options off if they’re on.
- Then you can press the Change button to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select a date about one month back, and press the Change button.
5. Disable Antivirus Software
Some antivirus software, such as Norton packages, can also conflict with PGP. Thus, turning off antivirus utilities might also fix PGP. You can usually temporarily disable an antivirus utility by selecting a disable or turn off setting on its system tray icon’s context menu. Or you can temporarily remove the utility from the Windows 10 startup as outlined below.
- Press the Windows key + X hotkey, and then open Task Manager from the Win + X menu.
- Select the Start-up tab in the snapshot directly below.
- Then select your antivirus software there, and press the Disable button.
- Restart Windows after removing the antivirus utility from the startup.
Those are some of the resolutions that some users have kick started Pinnacle Game Profiler with. Some of the fixes in this post might also be worth noting for fixing PGP software that doesn’t start. If you’ve fixed PGP with an alternative resolution, feel free to share it below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Full Fix: Steam Games Fail to Launch on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Full Fix: Blue Circle When Playing Games in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Fix: Windows Defender Closes Games in Windows 10
Cortana may not be enjoying the same sort of success as Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. As such, Microsoft has no plans to compete with Google […]
If you use a USB stick in public places or on shared workstations, it is a good idea to protect your privacy. For this purpose, […]
Microsoft aims to offer the same dark mode across the entire application ecosystem in order to achieve consistency. The update will soon be rolled out […]