Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- For reasons such as poor wireless internet connection, Windows Firewall Defender, and out-of-date graphics driver, Roblox may fail to open on Windows 11.
- Other reasons might be using proxy servers and third-party antiviruses on your Windows 11 device.
- You can fix it by disabling Windows Defender Firewall, switching to a stable wired connection, or restarting your computer.
Roblox is a popular online game platform loved by millions of gamers worldwide. However, every game has flaws, and Roblox is no exception.
If you are facing issues with starting Roblox on Windows 11, this comprehensive guide on how to fix Roblox not opening on Windows 11 is all you need.
Why is Roblox not opening on Windows 11?
Many reasons can cause Roblox not to open on Windows 11, but the most common are:
- Firewall protection – This problem may be caused by the Windows Defender Firewall blocking the internet connection on your device for some applications.
- Wrong Roblox installation – If you install Roblox incorrectly, you will likely have this problem. Corrupt or missing game files can also be responsible.
- Poor internet connection – Wireless connection is not very reliable when playing games online since they have low bandwidth connections.
- Roblox Server – If the Roblox game server is down, Roblox won’t open on windows 11.
- Out-of-date graphics driver – Not using the up-to-date version of a graphics driver causes issues like this not only in Roblox alone but in other online games.
How to fix Roblox not opening windows 11?
Based on the scenarios mentioned above, you can try many Roblox fixes. If one doesn’t work, move to the next until you can solve it. Start with the following preliminary solutions:
- Make sure that the Roblox server is up and running. Visit the Roblox server status page on your browser to check if the server is active.
- If the problem is due to poor internet access or inconsistent low bandwidth connection, switching to a stable wired connection can increase bandwidth and fix the problem.
- Third-party antiviruses block every potential threat to your PC. Switch them off to see if they are the reason why Roblox is not opening on your Windows 11 PC.
- Some temporary glitches on your PC can cause the problem. Restarting your PC will be the fix in this case.
After exhausting these preliminary solutions and you still can’t open Roblox on your windows 11 PC, try our detailed fixes next.
1. Disable the proxy server
- Click on the Windows Start Menu and go to Settings.
- On the left pane, go to the Network & internet tile, then scroll down to select Proxy.
- Under Manual proxy setup, click on the Edit button next to Use a proxy server.
- Toggle Off the Use a proxy server and click on the Save button.
- After disabling the proxy server, relaunch Roblox to see if it opens.
At times, you may have it tough because proxy just won’t turn off on Windows 11. Check out the linked guide to see how to solve the problem.
2. Update Windows
- Click on the Windows icon and select Settings from the pop-up menu.
- On the left pane, scroll down to Windows Update and select Check for updates on the resulting page.
- Windows will automatically check and notify you with Update available at the top of the page. Click on Download & install all.
- The update will take some time, wait for the download to complete and restart your PC.
There’s a chance you can run into some errors when updating Windows. We’ve prepared a comprehensive guide to help you fix Windows update errors on Windows 11.
3. Update the network driver
- Right-click on the Windows icon on your taskbar and select Device Manager from the shortcut menu that pops up.
- Locate Network adapters and double-click to expand it. Right-click on your internet network adapter from the list and choose Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers option and wait for Windows to find an up-to-date version of your driver.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Besides this method, there are other ways to update the network driver on Windows 11. Check them out to select the one that suits you the most.
If you want to ensure the drivers are correctly and safely installed, we recommend using Outbyte Driver Updater, a tool specialized in driver updates.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterGet the latest driver updates and keep your system in top shape.
4. Reinstall Roblox
- Click on the Search icon on your taskbar, enter Control Panel into the Search box, and select the Best match result.
- Go to Programs and choose Programs and Features on the resulting page.
- Locate Roblox from the Programs and Features list, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your PC. Install Roblox again to see if the problem has been fixed.
Reinstalling the app can help you fix all the other common Roblox error codes like 529; read this guide to learn more about it.
For more information, follow our simple step-by-step guide on how to download and play Roblox.
5. Clear Roblox temporary data
- Right-click the Windows icon on your taskbar and select Run from the shortcut menu to open the command box.
- Type the following command into the box and click OK to open the Roblox temporary data folder:
- Press the Ctrl + A on your keyboard to select all data in the folder, then press Shift + Delete keys to delete the selected data permanently.
- Click the Yes button on the pop-up dialogue to confirm deleting multiple files.
- Now, log out and back into your Roblox account to confirm if the problem has been solved.
We hope you can solve Roblox not opening on your windows 11 PC with the methods in this guide. If you are interested in how to fix other common Roblox issues, read our troubleshooting guide on the topic.
The guide is for Windows 10, but you will find that most of the solutions will apply to the new OS as well.
Also, our article on how to fix Roblox if it’s not working on Chrome has helped many users end their long-time Chrome-Roblox issues.
Leave a message in the comment section below if you are able to get Roblox to work on Windows 11 with the fixes in this guide.