If you are trying to play an AIFF file on Windows Media Player and get an error message saying that says the file is not compatible. Media Files that end with AIFF file extension is an Audio Interchangeable File Format files and known to cause this error on Windows computers.
But there are ways to play them and you can learn how to do it here.
How to Play AIFF files on Windows 10
What are AIFF media files?
The audio files with AIFF extension are different from your common MP3 audio format as these files are uncompressed. While the AIFF format helps in retaining high-quality audio, the file size tends to go over 10 MB for every minute of audio.
Your Windows Media Player is capable of running the AIFF Files. Other media players that are capable of running the AIFF files are Apple iTunes, VLC, Media Player Classic, etc.
To play any .aiff files on Windows 10, you only need to double-click on the audio file and Windows Media Player should be able to play it without any issues.
What to do if Windows Media Player is Unable to Play the .aiff File?
- To make sure the problem is not due to Windows Media Player, download VLC Player from the official website, here, if you don’t have it already. Install VLC media player.
- After the Installation is over, right-click on the .aiff audio file and select Open with.
- From the list of apps select VLC Player.
- VLC Player should be able to play the .aiff file without any issues.
How to Convert AIFF Files to MP3?
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Drag and drop the file onto iTunes.
- Right-click on the File and select Convert > Create MP3 Version.
- Apart from MP3, you can convert the file to better formats like FLAC, AAC, AC3, M4R, etc using a free file converter like DVDVideoSoft Free Studio.
- Once the file is converted, try to open it in Windows Media Player to check if it is not corrupted.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Convert cassette to MP3 using this 5 software to save your favorite music
- 6 best software to slow down music [2019 List]
- How to Add AVI Codec to Windows Media Player in Windows 10, 8.1