- There’s not much you can do with Pokemon showdown offline.
- With the new Friends feature in the Pokemon showdown, users can create a friends list.
- However, to create a private space for you and your friends to battle, you need a private Pokemon showdown server.
Pokemon is a popular video game series by Game Freak. It is one of the oldest games in the series, and it’s been through several changes over time. It has features like the oddball RPG, fierce battles, characters, and legends. The game has millions of players following up from the start, which is amazing for such an old game.
Though the changes over time aren’t as interesting to some, the game is still one of the best in the market.
Pokemon Showdown is a battle simulator for Pokemon that allows you to play with a specific player or random players. We shall take you through how to set up your private server in this article.
How do you do a private battle on Pokemon Showdown?
Doing a private battle on the Pokemon showdown means you want to challenge a particular player. It is a tool for competitive play. You can do this with these steps:
- Click the user’s username to prompt their profile or Find a user option in the Main Menu, then type in their username.
- After selecting the player of your choice, click Challenge to apply for a battle.
- Then choose the format you want to play (Also, you can build teams to challenge in Showdown)
Can you friend in Pokemon Showdown?
Yes, you can friend in the Pokemon showdown. It is a feature that allows you to have a friend list where you can add friends or help friends. You can add friends by using this command:
/friend add <insert username>
You can also view your list of friends with the command
How can I create a private server in the Pokemon showdown?
1. Set up your server
- Download and install Node.js before attempting to create a private server.
- Press the Windows key, search for the command prompt and launch it.
- Run the following command to start the Pokeman showdown:
node pokemon-showdown 8000
- Then visit your server at
- You can replace the SERVER with your domain or IP. (e.g http://localhost:8000)
- You will be redirected to
2. Create an Administrator account
- Create a file named config/usergroups.csv and it will contain
- Change the USER to your Pokemon shutdown username.
This is how to set up your own Pokemon Showdown server. However, your computer will be the server computer that others will connect to via port forwarding.
Can you play Pokémon showdown offline?
Pokemon Showdown is a simulator that allows you to battle with other players. However, there isn’t much you can do with Showdown without an internet connection.
It is because you need to play with others through an online connection, and there’s no way this can be possible offline. So, to use showdown, you need to be online to add opponents.
Games like Pokémon are fun to play. They have many features that you can enjoy. Also, Pokémon showdown makes it even better because you can set up battles with friends and specific players. Furthermore, there are Pokémon browser games that you can access on your browsers.
More so, you can learn about the best Pokémon Go emulators for PC and how to use them.