- You can take your own bookmarks and preferences to the office when you add a portable browser to a USB stick.
- The main advantage of a portable web browser is that you don't have to install it on every device.
- Opera, Vivaldi, or Chrome are among the best portable browsers for Windows 10.
- If you're also looking for a portable browser with Flash support, you won't find any at this point.
Portable programs (software) are those you can run from USB flash drives. Thus, portable software doesn’t need to be installed on a hard drive.
So you’ll be able to use your preferred browser, with all the preferences and bookmarks already there, if you insert the USB sticks into other PCs.
As you’ll see from thise article, most popular browsers can be used this way. But there are also some newer names.
Note that Flash is no longer supported on any browser version, portable ones included.
Which is the best portable browser for Windows 10?
Opera is a browser that boasts numerous unique features few other browsers can match.
For instance, not every browser incorporates a built-in VPN. However, Opera is a portable browser with a VPN, a snapshot tool, and a unit conversion utility, which are among its more unique features.
Unlike Google Chrome, Opera’s UI incorporates a sidebar that provides quick and easy access to Opera’s tools as well as Instagram and Twitter.
Opera also incorporates some handy tab features. Its users can save all a window’s open tabs within a Speed Dial group.
Also, Opera enables users to organize tabs within workspaces. Furthermore, users can quickly find tabs with Opera’s tab search utility.
Other useful features:
- Built-in ad-blocker blocks ads
- Video pop-outs that float outside Opera’s window
- Battery saver mode enables longer browser on laptops
- Opera flow enables users to organize and share videos, link, and images between devices
There is no better portable browser than the lightweight and lighting speed Opera browser, so try it out today!
Google Chrome is the world’s favorite browser. Many users love this browser’s streamlined UI design, automatic page translation, incognito mode, and speedy performance.
Furthermore, Chrome is compatible with a wide variety of platforms and has the best Android mobile integration.
Its users can seamlessly sync Chrome bookmarks and other saved preferences between PCs and mobiles via a Google Account.
Some of the cynics might lament Chrome’s relatively limited built-in customization options. However, Chrome’s massive repositories of extensions and themes to customize the browser with more than make up for that.
Other useful features:
- Built-in browser tab task manager
- Built-in ad-blocker
- Password manager saves passwords
- Flexible URL bar that can be utilized as a calculator, translator, and currency converter
Disclaimer: This is an unofficial download for the portable Chrome version. WindowsReport is not responsible for the download or the installer package.
Vivaldi boasts some of the best customization and tab features of any browser.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
The Vivaldi Settings window, shown directly below, includes a plethora of customization settings for browser themes, start page, tabs, bookmarks, panel, address bar, appearance, and much, much more.
Vivaldi’s tab features also put most other browsers to shame. This browser displays page thumbnail previews when you hover the cursor over tabs.
Vivaldi’s innovative tab stacking feature enables you to group tabs together. It also enables you to display four tabs simultaneously within a single window.
There’s isn’t a portable Vivaldi version. However, you can still run the standard Vivaldi browser from a USB drive.
To install it, click Advanced on Vivaldi’s installer window. Then select the Install standalone option, and click Browse to choose a USB drive directory.
- Other useful features of Vivaldi
- Page actions menu includes various page display options
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Quick Commands menu enables you to search tabs
Mozilla Firefox pretty much has everything you’ll need from a browser, and a bit more besides. It includes an ad-blocker, password manager, text to speed mode, screenshot utility, and some handy page action options for copying links along with more standard bookmarking and search tools.
Fox also incorporates better customization options than Chrome that enable you to add and remove items from its URL toolbar and select three alternative built-in themes. With its big add-on and theme repositories on top, Fox is one of the most customizable browsers (along with Vivaldi).
Other useful Firefox features
- Ctrl + Tab cycling with page thumbnail previews
- Autoplay blocking stops videos and sound from playing automatically in tabs
- Enables users to set up primary passwords
- Reader View removes clutter from webpages
Disclaimer: This is an unofficial download for the portable Firefox version. WindowsReport is not responsible for the download or the installer package.
Maxthon is a browser with minimal system requirements that packs in plenty of features. It offers device-syncing support across a wide variety of platforms.
Maxthon users can save webpage content with the Maxnote Cloud feature, which can then be synced across devices.
Maxthon incorporates some novel tools you won’t find in many alternative browsers. For instance, its External Tools feature enables you to add software shortcuts to the browser.
You can also download videos from website pages with this browser’s Resource Sniffer.
Other useful features:
- Includes a Night Mode option
- Built-in screenshot tool enables users to capture snapshots
- Automatically fills out saved ID info for forms
- Mouse gesture shortcuts for browser options
Those are five of the best portable browsers you can utilize on Windows PCs without installing on hard drives.
Have you tried using a browser this way already? Tell us how it works or if you see some real advantages.