Power Bi is a powerful data visualization BI tool from Microsoft. This business analytics service enables you to see your data through a single interface. Sometime, Power bi table won’t join issue can occur while relating two tables as reported in Power Bi community.
As can be noted in both tables I have the LocOrgTrab_CD and Entidade_ID fields, and through them, I need to somehow relate these two tables to set into one, in the end, I wanted to have a table with the following fields:
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve “Power Bi tables won’t join” issue in Windows.
What can I do if Power BI tables won’t join?
1. Use Merge Query
- If you are trying to match the table information with another table and not succeeding, try Merge Query option.
- The Merge Query feature in Power Bi desktop allows you to match tables without any error.
- From the Power Bi editor, select columns you need to match.
- Choose “Inner” in Join Kind.
- It will join only the matching rows.
The way it works is that you choose a column that is related to each other from each table and merges them based on the relationships.
2. Check the table for empty spaces
- One of the common causes of Power Bi errors is invalid syntax as well as empty spaces.
- Make sure you check the tables for empty spaces. At times the spaces skip your attention. You may also want to use the error reporting to find any issues.
- Apart from empty spaces, check for an invalid character that you may have used with the table data.
3. Use UNION function
- Depending on the tables you want to join, you can use the UNION function as a workaround.
- However, using the UNION function can result in slow performance and show more rows. Also, you need to change the formula manually if the level filter is changed.
- If you are not aware of the UNION function, refer to tthe guide. It is an official Microsoft guide.
The Power bi tables won’t join issues can get complicated if you are new to Power Bi service. However, by following the steps in this article, you should be able to fix Power Bi join tables issue.
If the issue persists, make sure you ask for assistance in the Power BI community for problem-specific solutions. Don’t forget to leave your solution in the comments to help other users.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: