When working on big PowerPoint presentations, there may come a time when you are suddenly faced with a file save error.
This can be rather frustrating, so try following these steps that may help your solve this common issue.
Steps to fix file saving errors in PowerPoint
1. Save the file as a new PowerPoint presentation
- Perform whatever editing you may need, and if an error pops up, press the Windows Start button
- Type in PowerPoint and open it again in a new window
- Select View and then Slide Sorter
- Switch back to the first presentation and select Slide Sorter as well
- Click on Edit and then choose Select All
- Go back to Edit and click on Copy
- Return to the second PowerPoint window
- Click on Edit, and select Paste
- Save the second PowerPoint document under a different name.
2. Remove ActiveMovie control added to Microsoft Visual Basic userform in PowerPoint
- Perform whatever editing you may need, and if an error pops up, press cancel and then select Tools
- Select Macro and choose Visual Basic Editor
- Select user form with ActiveMovie control
- Go to File menu and select Remove UserForm Name, and then choose No
- Go back to the File menu
- Select Close and Return to Microsoft PowerPoint
More so, there errors may be the result of faulty registries caused by an old PowerPoint install, so a quick repair or a fresh install may also be a valid solution.
Repair or perform a fresh new install of PowerPoint
1. Repair PowerPoint
To do this:
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel
- Right click Repair Office Programs
- Select Change
- Do a quick repair
- Perform an online repair later
2. Perform a fresh new install of PowerPoint
- Remove your old Microsoft Office completely
- Go to the Microsoft Office product page
- Buy the Office package of your choice
- Log in using your Microsoft account credentials
- Select Install Now to save the installation file on your PC
- Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions of the setup wizard
If all else fails, you may need to consider using a third-party PowerPoint file repair tool.