How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office in Windows 10
Sometimes Microsoft Office just won’t work after updating your system. It was an issue in Windows 8, and it appears that some users are facing the same problem in Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 10 for the general public, too.
How do I uninstall Microsoft Office?
Solution 1: Uninstall Office from Control Panel
But a lot of users reported that they were unable to uninstall Microsoft Office with this method, so we have to find another solution for this problem.
We recommend you to replace Microsoft Office in case you cannot arrive to use it properly.
One of the best features is tabbing. You can easily open multiple documents and navigate through them like using a browser. WPS Office also comes in a free version that you can try.
Solution 2: Uninstall Office with Fix It
Luckily Microsoft is aware of this issue with Microsoft Office, so the company released a Fix It tool which completely removes Microsoft Office from your computer.
Here’s what you need to do to download fixer and completely delete Microsoft Office from your system:
- Close all Microsoft Office programs
- Download Microsoft Fix It from this link and run it
- The Troubleshooting Wizard will ask you if you want to apply the fix, or skip it, click on Apply this fix
- Wait a few minutes, and the troubleshooter will completely remove Microsoft Office from your computer
Solution 3: Uninstall Office manually
If the two methods listed above didn’t work, you can try to uninstall Office manually. To do this:
- Locate the Microsoft Office installation folder (which should be stored in C:Program Files).
- Now, simply right-click on the Microsoft Office folder > select Delete.
As we said, you can also manually delete Microsoft Office from your computer.
But you have to be noted that manual uninstalling Office from your computer is a very long and complex process, which could cause damage to your system if some step is performed incorrectly.
You can read how to manually uninstall Microsoft Office in this Microsoft’s article.
That’s all, after performing this troubleshoot, you won’t have Microsoft installed on your computer anymore. And you’ll be able to install it again without any problems, or don’t install it at all, and use some other office software, the choice is yours.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Microsoft Office not opening in Windows 10, 8.1
- Full Fix: Another installation is in progress Office 365
- FIX: This product key cannot be used in your country/region on Office 365
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Sometimes you want to change the resolution of the display to a custom one, and in today’s article we’ll show you how to create custom […]
Microsoft recently hosted an AMA session on Reddit and encouraged users to ask questions about the upcoming version of Microsoft Edge. The tech giant announced […]
Microsoft already announced its upcoming Chromium Edge browser for Windows 10 and macOS users. However, Linux users are also waiting in the queue. Redditors recently […]