When you try to start a printing job, the machine may become completely unresponsive to commands sent from any device and finally stops unexpectedly. In many cases, the power light is also blinking on and off and the error code oxc4eb827f hwlmicci2c appears on the screen.
If you’ve never seen this message before, you’re probably at a loss about how to fix it. Fortunately, remedying the situation is not rocket science. These methods can fix the error for you, so let’s check them in detail.
What can I do when getting HP printer error code oxc4eb827f?
1. Power reset your printer
- With the printer turned on, remove the ink cartridges.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet.
- Power off both the PC and the wireless router.
- Complete the process and wait for at least 60 seconds.
- After the small pause, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug it directly to a wall outlet.
- You may now install the cartridge.
- Power on the router and the computer.
If the carriage is firmly stuck on the right and you have a hard time removing the ink cartridges, try performing a power reset on the printer.
2. Use the printer troubleshooter
If the previous procedure fails to resolve the oxc4eb827f error, click on the Start button, then type troubleshoot and click Troubleshooting. In the new window, click View, then scroll down to Printer.
You may now click Advanced, then Run as administrator. Click Next, right-click on the icon representing the printer you want to troubleshoot and click Next once more.
Work your way through the Troubleshooter, answering all questions in an effort to resolve the issue for good.
There’s another strong possibility that the oxc4eb827f error may be the result of interferences with your firewall. The next step is to check if this has anything to do with the situation you are in.
When confirmed, open your preferences on the firewall and add the executable file for the printer software as an exception. If this makes no difference, disable the firewall temporarily to see if it helps.
If none of the methods listed above could manage to get rid of this error for you, others reported jiggling the ink cartridge area as the printer is powering on. Checking the correct installation of the HP printer software is also described as a potentially successful solution.
We hope you have cleared this error message. If you haven’t been able to fix it by following the mentioned procedures, then you need to take into consideration potential hardware-related causes.
Contact your nearest HP service center and set up an appointment to have your printer fixed and let us know if you need further assistance by using the comments area below.
- How to fix HP printer error 0xb39ff018 in just a few steps
- How to fix error 49.4c02 on your HP printer
- How to fix the Printer validation failed error on HP printers