Some HP printer users have posted about a Printer validation failed error on Microsoft and HP support forums. Consequently, users can’t print when the error arises.
One user stated:
I am trying to print to a wireless printer, on an HP computer and I have an HP Printer. When I click Print in the HP Eprint Jetadvantage screen, I get ‘Printer validation failed’.
Fix the error by following the steps below.
Why does my printer say validation failed?
1. Open the Printer Troubleshooter
- First, try opening Windows 10’s Printer troubleshooter, which might fix, or at least shed some light, on the issue. To do that, open the search box by pressing the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input ‘troubleshoot’ as the keyword in the search box.
- Click Troubleshoot settings to open the Troubleshoot tab in Settings.
- Click Printer and press the Run this troubleshooter button.
- Then select a printer to troubleshoot.
- Click the Next button to go through the troubleshooter’s suggested fixes.
2. Reset the Printer
- Resetting the printer by disconnecting it might resolve the “Printer validation failed” error. To do that, unplug the printer from the wall and then the back of the printer with the printer turned on.
- Remove additional USB cables from the printer if there are any.
- Wait for about three or four minutes.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for about 30 seconds to discharge it.
- Thereafter, plug the printer’s cable back into the wall. Then reconnect that cable with the rear of the printer.
- Turn the printer back on.
3. Reinstall the HP Printer
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Open text box, and click the OK button.
- Select the HP printer software listed in the Programs and Features Control Panel applet.
- Click the Uninstall option, and then click Yes to confirm.
- Restart the desktop or laptop after removing the software.
- Next, enter ‘Control Panel’ in Run’s text box and click OK to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Devices and Printers to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Right-click the printer to uninstall and select Remove device.
- Then click Yes to confirm.
5. Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor might also come in handy for fixing the “Printer validation failed” error. Click the Download Now button on this page to save HPPSdr.exe to a folder.
- Click HPPSdr.exe to open HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Press the Start button.
- Select the printer that the “Printer validation failed” error arises for, and click the Next button.
- Select the Fix Printing option.
- HP Print and Scan will then display some troubleshooting results. Follow the troubleshooting instructions if the software displays any X crosses, which highlight unresolved printer errors.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix error 49.4c02 on your HP printer
- What to do if your HP printer couldn’t print
- Here’s how to fix error 79 on HP printers