Printer not activated, error code -30 message can sometimes appear and prevent you from printing documents. This can be a big problem, and in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix this issue.
Printer not activated, error code -30 message can prevent you from printing, and speaking of this error, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- Printer not activated error code -30 PDF, 20 PDF – This error message can sometimes appear while trying to print PDF files. If this happens, perhaps you can fix the issue by using Print to PDF feature.
- Printer not activated error code 41 –This is another common problem that can occur, and it can occur if you don’t have the necessary security permissions.
- Printer not activated error code 30 HP, Epson – This error can affect any printer brand, and if the issue appears, the cause is most likely an outdated printer driver.
- Printer not activated error code 30 Windows 10, 8.1, 7 – This error message can appear on almost any version of Windows, but you should be able to fix it by using one of our solutions.
Pinter not activated, error code -30, how to fix it?
- Remove printer software
- Make sure that your printer drivers are up to date
- Select your printer manually
- Use Print to PDF feature
- Reinstall printer drivers and modify your registry
- Change the application’s security permissions
- Install the latest updates
- Run the printer troubleshooter
- Make sure that your printer is set as default
1. Remove printer software
If you’re getting Printer not activated, error code -30 message, the problem might be your printer software. Sometimes this software can interfere with your system and cause this and other errors to appear.
However, you can fix the problem simply by removing or reinstalling your printer software. To do that, you can just use the Settings app and remove the printer software from the Apps section. This isn’t the most effective solution usually, and sometimes it can leave certain files or registry entries in the background that can cause this issue to reappear.
To be certain that the printer software is completely removed, we recommend you use an uninstaller software such as IOBit Unintaller. This software will remove all files and registry entries related to the printer software and prevent the issue from appearing again.
If uninstalling the printer software solves the problem, you might want to try using your printer without it. Alternatively, you can also download the latest printer software and check if it solves your problem.
2. Make sure that your printer drivers are up to date
Sometimes Printer not activated, error code -30 can appear if your printer drivers are out of date. Outdated drivers will prevent you from printing documents, but you can fix this problem simply by updating your drivers.
There are several ways to do that, but the best method would be to visit your printer’s manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. Although updating drivers is usually simple, some users might have issues downloading the appropriate driver for their printer manually.
If you don’t want to search for drivers on your own, you might want to try using TweakBit Driver Updater software. This application is designed to automatically search and download the necessary drivers for you, so you might want to try it out.
Once your printer driver is up to date, check if the problem is still there.
3. Select your printer manually
According to users, Printer not activated, error code -30 appears when trying to use a quick print option to print documents. Sometimes your applications might try to use Print to PDF feature automatically, and that can cause the error message to appear.
To fix this problem, it’s advised to always manually select the printer that you want to use when printing. This is just a workaround, but it should help you out with this problem until you find a permanent solution.
4. Use Print to PDF feature
If this problem occurs when trying to use Print to PDF, the issue might be a third-party solution. Previous versions of Windows didn’t have native Print to PDF support, and this is the main reason why users had to use all sorts of third-party solutions.
With Windows 10, there’s finally a built-in Print to PDF feature, so there’s no need to use third-party applications. If you’re having Printer not activated, error code -30 error, try using the built-in Print to PDF feature and check if that solves your problem.
5. Reinstall printer drivers and modify your registry
To fix the Printer not activated, error code -30 error on your PC, sometimes you might have to reinstall your printer drivers. In addition to doing that, you might also have to make a couple of changes in your registry.
According to users, the lack of certain privileges in your registry can cause this issue to occur, but you can fix the problem by reinstalling the printer driver and modifying your registry. To modify the registry, just do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit.
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\Software\TS PDF Generator key in the left pane.
- Right-click the TS PDF Generator key and select Permissions from the menu.
- Select Users group and check Full Control option in the Allow column. Now click Apply and OK.
After doing that, the problem with your printer should be resolved. If you don’t have this key available in your registry, then this solution won’t apply to you, so you can just skip it entirely.
6. Change the application’s security permissions
Sometimes Printer not activated, error code -30 error can appear due to your security permissions. You might lack certain security permissions and that can prevent printing and cause this error to appear. However, you can fix this issue by modifying your security permissions. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Locate the application that is giving you this error message. Right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Security tab. Now select your user account from the list and click Edit.
- Select your user account and check the Full control option in the Allow column. Now click Apply and OK.
After doing that, you’ll have full control over the application and the problem with your printer should be resolved.
7. Install the latest updates
Sometimes Printer not activated, error code -30 error occurs due to bugs on your system. However, you can fix the issue simply by installing the latest updates. Windows 10 usually installs the missing updates automatically, but you can always check for updates on your own by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app. To do that quickly, just use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When Settings app opens, go to the Update & Security section.
- Now click Check for updates button.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background. Once the updates are installed, check if the problem is still there.
8. Run the printer troubleshooter
According to users, Printer not activated, error code -30 can appear due to various bugs on your system, and if you’re having this error, you might be able to fix it simply by running the printer troubleshooter.
Windows has a number of troubleshooters available, and you can use these troubleshooters to fix common printer problems. To run a built-in troubleshooter, you just need to do the following:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane. Choose Printer and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the issue is still there. If the problem is still there, you might want to try using Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
9. Make sure that your printer is set as default
In some cases, you might get Printer not activated, error code -30 if your printer isn’t set as default. However, you can easily change that by following these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Devices section.
- In the right pane select Printers & scanners. From the left pane, select your printer and click the Manage button.
- Now click Set as default button.
After doing that, your default printer will be set and the problem shouldn’t appear anymore.
Printer not activated, error code -30will prevent you from printing documents on your PC, but we hope that you managed to solve this issue using one of our solutions.
- FIX: Printer doesn’t scan in Windows 10, 8.1
- Fix: Canon printer won’t scan in Windows 10
- FIX: Windows 10 won’t open Devices and Printers