Why won’t my printer print the right size? We have a fix for you
Your printer allows printing of documents in different sizes. Users can select what size of print they need in the printing interface. However, at times the printer fails to print the document in the right size.
This seems to be a common issue with the HP Printer. The issue can occur due to several reasons and most of them are related to the printer driver, misconfigured printer settings, etc. If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of ways to fix this issue.
Why is my printer making everything small
1. Set Printing Preference
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open the Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and sounds.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on Printer and select Printer Preferences.
- Now select Paper Source and set as desired.
- Next, select Paper Size and set as desired.
- Select Media and set it as desired.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now try to print the document or picture you were trying to print and check if the printer prints correct size.
2. Update Printer Driver and Firmware
- Press Windows Key + R to open run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, expand the Printers section.
- Right-click on your printer and select Update Driver.
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Windows will look for a new version of the driver for your printer. If found it will download install the driver.
- Reboot the system and check for any improvements.
- You can also uninstall the driver and the system, if the device is connected, should install it automatically. Alternatively, navigate to the official support website and download drivers there.
3. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Go to HP Print and Scan Doctor page.
- Click the download now button to download HP Print and Scan Doctor to your PC.
- Run the program and select any terms and conditions.
- In the HP Print and Scan Doctor window, click the Start button.
- It will now scan your system and the printer to connected for any issues. Make sure the printer is connected to the computer before running the program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and apply any recommended fix to fix the issue.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 6 document management software to improve efficiency at the office
- How to fix printer after power outage [EXPERT GUIDE]
- Printer won’t print on Windows 10 [FIX]
Microsoft’s browsers have changed a lot over the time. From the clunky UI and useless features a few years ago, to a minimalist design and […]
A handful of players recently got a chance to play Gears of War 5 as a part of the Gears 5 tech test program. However, […]
Microsoft just rolled out a new Windows 10 cumulative update: KB4505658. This update takes the current version of Windows 10 to build 17763.652. The latest […]