This includes a scanning tool that is helpful to scan documents and pictures which can be downloaded from the Microsoft App Store.
However, some users have reported having issues when trying to use the tool. They claim that they sometimes get an error message stating that:
If you too are getting this error message, try following this step-by-step guide that we’ve compiled for you, and you will be able to scan your documents in no time.
How can I get rid of the document scanning error?
1. Turn your scanner or printer off and back on again
This may be a simple case of your software not detecting your hardware. Make sure that the scanner or printer is properly connected to the PC. Afterward, simply turn it off, wait for 10 seconds, and turn it back on again.
2. Remove and then add the scanner or printer to Windows 10
- Press Start
- Click on Settings
- Select Devices
- Go to Printers & scanners
- Click on the device you have problems with
- Click Remove device
- Click Yes
- Stay on the same page, and then click Add a printer or scanner
- When the device is detected, click Add device
3. Use the Scan app or OEM app instead
If you still get the error message, consider using the official Windows Scan app available on the App Store. Additionally, you could try selecting your scanner‘s proprietary software as a scanning tool.
4. Reinstall the printer driver
- Go to the device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver
- Press Windows + X
- Select Device Manager
- Select either the Printers, Imaging devices, or Scanners trees
- Right-click your device and choose Uninstall
- Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device
- Click OK
- Install the driver you downloaded earlier
- Once this is done, you need to add the printer or scanner, as described in the previous steps.
By following these steps, you should be able to get rid of any scanning errors you may be having with Windows 10‘s built-in Windows Fax and Scan utility.
Did you run into this error before? Tell us about your experiences in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Best scanning software for Brother printers
- Best OCR scanner deals to grab right now [2020 Guide]
- Top 4 Wi-Fi scanners for Windows 10 [2020 Guide]