- Purchase and Content usage network errors are usually server-related issues.
- This means that most often when you see the error, all you can do is wait it out for it to be fixed.
- If you want to read more about this fantastic console, check out our dedicated Xbox One Hub.
- More troubleshooting guides can also be found on our Fix page as well.
Many Xbox One users reported Purchase and Content Usage network error on their Xbox. Here’s how one user describes the problem on Microsoft Answers forums:
I need help. My network on my Xbox One is saying that my purchase and content usage is “experiencing issues.” However, when I go to the Xbox live status on the website, it said it has been down since June 22. This is a big issue for me since I put $40.00 USD into my account for a DLC.
If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.
This is a network error, and it will prevent you from downloading new content, so in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
How do I fix the Purchase and Content Usage on Xbox One?
1. Check if the Xbox services are running properly
- Check the Xbox Live Status.
- If there’s an issue with Purchase and Content Usage service, you’ll see the current status of the service.
- Since this is a server-side issue, there’s not much you can do, so you’ll have to wait for Microsoft to fix it.
- If you want to get notified as soon as the issue is fixed, click the Notify me button.
2. Power cycle your console
This is an unlikely solution, but a few users reported that it worked for them. You can power cycle the console by doing the following:
- Press and hold the Power button on your console for 10 seconds.
- Once your Xbox turns off, disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Leave it like that for a minute or two.
- Now connect the console to the power outlet and turn it back on again.
Purchase and Content Usage network error is almost always caused by server problems, and in most cases, you just have to wait for Microsoft to fix the problem.
If you’re tired of waiting, you can contact Microsoft support and let them know about the issues you’re having.
FAQ: Learn more about the Purchase and Content usage network error
- What does Purchase and Content usage mean?
When this service is down, it means that buying digital games or even launching digitally-purchased content from your console is impossible.
- Is there a problem with Xbox Live right now?
Like all servers, Xbox can also be affected by unexpected downtimes. However, these are usually solved within a few hours.
- Can network issues cause the Purchase and Content issue?
Yes, network settings and issues can cause a multitude of Xbox-related problems, including chatting issues.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2019 and was revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.