- If Razer Chroma is not working on your PC, the problem might be as simple as a connection glitch.
- The Chroma Apps might also be responsible if your Razer keyboard is not working.
- To fix your Razer keyboard you should make sure Razer Synapse is updated.
- Additionally, you might have to tweak your Razer profile.
The Razer Chrome is one of the best gaming keyboards you can buy, but many users reported that it doesn’t work on Windows 10.
This can become extremely frustrating because you won’t be able to play your favorite games, therefore in this article, we will explore some of the best methods to deal with this issue.
Here’s how a user described the issues he experienced with the keyboard:
I just recently purchased a Blackwidow Chroma v2. On the date of purchase, the lighting for Overwatch was working fine, but after Windows updated to the Fall Creators Update two days after, the lighting in-game quit, on both my keyboard and my Deathadder Elite! It remained in Chroma Apps, but now has somehow managed to disappear. I’ve contacted Razer support multiple times, and they are unfortunately no help whatsoever. I’ve also uninstalled and re-installed Synapse a number of times to no avail. Does anyone know a way to fix this?
And now, let’s see how to troubleshoot the problem.
What can I do if Razer Chroma is not working with games?
1. Unplug and re-plug your keyboard
- Unplug your keyboard.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug it into another USB port on your PC.
It can be as simple as that; unplugging hardware items helps to correct any power glitches.
2. Toggle Chroma Apps On/Off
- Open Synapse.
- Click on Chroma Connect.
- Toggle Chroma Apps Off > On.
- Try to see if this fixed your problem.
3. Update Razer Synapse to the latest version
- Open up the Razer app, and select Apps from the top menu.
- In the app list, you can choose either the Check for updates button, or just click the Update button next to the service.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the update process is completed, try to see if your keyboard works as it should. If it doesn’t, follow the next step.
4. Re-create your Razer config profile
- Delete the configuration profile that you have loaded up on Synapse.
- After removing your profile, create a fresh one from scratch.
5. Remove the keyboard from Windows and reinstall it
- Type Device Manager in the home screen search box and open the program.
- Right-click the keyboard driver and choose Uninstall device.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Restart your PC to reinstall the driver.
We hope this guide helped you solve your issue with the Razer Chroma keyboard. Please feel free to let us know in the comment section below.