- digital distribution platform for purchasing and playing video games, but many users reported Conflict software detected message. is a popular
- Probably some software is creating a conflict with the process resulting in Conflict software detected. Learn what to do about it in the guide below.
- If you run into any Windows errors, consider visiting our Windows 10 Troubleshooting section.
- For any more information about the most popular gaming platform, check our Steam Hub.
An incompatible version of LavasoftTCPService.dll (related to Lavasoft Web Companion has been detected inside of the Steam process.
We suggest updating or uninstalling this software if you experience crashes or network slowdowns while running Steam or individual games.
Since many Steam users are facing this problem, we have put together this guide including all the possible solutions to fix this error on Windows computers.
How can I fix Conflict software detected Steam error?
1. Uninstall conflicting software
The best guess here is that some software is creating a conflict with the Steam process resulting in Conflict software detected.
Depending on the error you get, try to find the mentioned software (like Lavasoft in the above example) and uninstall it.
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features > Uninstall.
- Look for Lavasoft or any other software mentioned by the error message.
- If you don’t find Lavasoft software in the Control Panel, look for any other related program like WEN Companion, etc.
- Click Uninstall and restart your PC.
A lot of software leave unwanted leftovers after you uninstall them and if you want to make sure you got rid of any Lavasoft remaining files, we recommend Revo Uninstaller.
And you don’t even have to do anything fancy because after installing this professional uninstaller software it will automatically scans for such leftovers.
If you need an even more versatile tool, you can opt for the portable version. You don’t need to install it, you just copy it on a USB stick so you can run the uninstaller on any PC.
Revo Uninstaller is safe and very useful not only in this situation but every time you need to make sure you uninstalled a program completely.
You don’t need to take our word for it because you’ve got a 60-day money-back guaranteed policy to test it as you please. So if you’re not satisfied, you will get your money back.
Learn more about its key features:
- You will find 8 bonus cleaning tools in the package
- If you need some guidance, contact the free professional Technical Support
- Automatic and advanced scanning for any software remains
- Support for command-line uninstall
- Multi-level backup system available inside
- 60 Days Money-Back Guarantee
Revo UninstallerProfessional uninstaller software with advanced scanning for leftovers and support for command-line uninstall!
2. Run Malwarebytes
Conflict software detected error usually appears if you have junkware on your PC. Sometimes these unwanted applications can interfere with your system and lead to various problems.
To fix that problem, we recommend using a professional malware removal tool like Malwarebytes. To get rid of any such threats, follow these steps:
- Download Malwarebytes and install it.
- Right-click the application shortcut and choose Run as administrator from the menu.
- Let Malwarebytes scan your PC and remove all infected files.
After removing the infected files, the issue should be permanently fixed.
MalwarebytesMalwarebytes is a top malware removal tool that is safe, easy to use, and, more important, with low impact on PC performance!
3. Run Antivirus software
If you are still facing the problem after running Malwarebytes, try to scan the PC with your Antivirus solution. If you don’t have any, be sure to try Bullguard.
Bullguard is a tool that is prepared to fight against malware or any other threat.
It combines multiple protection layers like anti-malware, antiphishing, anti-ransomware, but also comes with a vulnerability scanner.
That means that it will scan and block any threat even before it reaches your PC.
With so many phishing campaigns out there, are you also thinking about e-mail security? Bullguard doesn’t scan incoming emails at the network level but it uses email client add-ins.
BullguardBullguard not only will help you fix the Conflict software detected error but it will further block any threat even before reaching your PC.
4. Reset network adapter
Some users have reported the Internet connection is not working due to the Conflict software detected error. This could be because the adware has altered your network settings.
You can easily fix the problem by resetting the network adapter through Command Prompt.
- Press Windows Key, and type Command Prompt in the Cortana/Search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit enter.
- netsh winsock reset
- Close the Command Prompt window.
Launch any web browser and open a web page to see if the Internet connectivity is restored.
The An incompatible version of LavasoftTCPService.dll (related to Lavasoft Web Companion) has been detected inside of the Steam process is caused by a potentially unwanted Program (PUP)
The PUP might have infected your PC during an unsafe browsing session on the Internet or after downloading something from a torrent site.
It is always recommended to use an Antivirus, such as Bullguard to keep your PC protected from unknown threats.
Also, if you have bought a new PC, always clean install Windows OS to remove any bloatware or hidden adware (although rare) to be on the safer side.
Do let us know if any of the solutions worked for and if you’ve managed to fix Conflict software detected Steam error.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.