- The Razer Synapse is a cloud-based hardware configuration tool that allows enhanced management for Razer products.
- Each new version of Synapse brings support for more peripherals, so you should get it if you have problems with it detecting your hardware.
- If you need more info about this tool check-out our dedicated Razer Synapse Hub.
- For Razer-specific troubleshooting guides, then visit our Razer Fix page.
Razer makes some of the most premium computer gaming peripherals, including awesome headsets. It also offers the Razer Synapse software to the users. However, sometimes the Razer Synapse software may fail to detect the headset connected to the computer.
In this article, we have listed all the possible solutions to help you fix the Razer Synapse not detecting your headset in Windows.
How do I fix Razer Synapse not detecting headset?
1. Check for hardware issues
- Disconnect the headset from your computer.
- Connect the Razer headset to a different computer that has Razer Synapse installed.
- Check if Razer Synapse detects the device.
- If the headset is not detected, you may have to contact the Razer support to get the device repaired or replaced.
2. Run troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- From the left pane, click on Troubleshoot.
- Scroll down and click on Bluetooth.
NOTE: This fix applies only for Bluetooth devices.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow on-screen instructions and apply any recommended fixes.
3. Reinstall device drivers
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right-click on your Razer headset and Uninstall Device. Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Restart the computer, and Windows will reinstall the device driver.
4. Reinstall Razer Synapse
Check for updates
- Launch Razer Synapse if not already running.
- Expand the system tray and right-click on the Razer icon.
- Select Check for updates from the options menu.
- Razer will scan for any pending updates and install them.
- Relaunch Razer Synapse and check for any improvements.
Repair Razer Synapse
- Press the Windows key, type control, and open Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Select Razer Synapse and click on Change.
- Click the Repair button.
- Razer Synapse will scan the app for file corruption and fix them if required.
- Relaunch the app and check if it detects the headset.
Reinstall Razer Synapse
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed programs, select Razer Synapse.
- Click Uninstall and then click Yes to confirm the action.
- Reboot the computer.
- Download the latest version of Razer Synapse from the Razer website.
- Run the installer and install the app.
- Connect your Razer headset to your computer and check the Razer Synapse detects the devices.
The Razer Synapse not detecting headset issue usually occurs if you are running an outdated version of Razer Synapse. By following the steps above you should be able to fix this issue.
However, the issue can also occur due to other reasons, such as corrupt installation or hardware failure.
FAQ: Learn more about Razer Synapse compatibility
- Does Razer Synapse work with any headset?
Unfortunately no. Razer Synapse is designed exclusively to work with Razer peripherals, including the Razer headset.
- How do I get Razer Synapse to work?
If Razer Synapse is not working on your computer, check and install any pending updates. Next, run the built-in Razer Repair tool and, as a last resort, uninstall and reinstall the software.