- When Razer Firefly is not showing up in Synapse, there might be a USB port issue or the Synapse software might be encountering errors.
- To fix the problem, you might need to repair Razer Synapse 3 installation or reinstall the software.
- Updating Razer Synapse or certain drivers with specialized software could be the solution for some users.
- You might also be able to fix this Razer Firefly issue by updating the software stored on it.
Razer Firefly is an illuminated mouse mat that plugs into PCs. It shows up in Synapse 3 when detected. However, Firefly doesn’t show up in Synapse 3 for some users when that software doesn’t detect it.
There could be a software or hardware issue when Synapse doesn’t detect Firefly, and in this guide, we’ll show you how to fix that.
What to do if Razer Firefly is not showing up in Synapse 3?
1. Update USB port drivers
Synapse might fail to detect Firefly because some of your PC’s USB port drivers are outdated. To check, install a driver updater utility to scan your PC’s device drivers.
That software will tell you what devices you can update drivers for and enable you to download and install new drivers.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Plug Firefly into a different USB port
Try plugging your Razer Firefly into a different USB port. When you plug the mat into a different port, make sure it’s properly plugged in.
Don’t connect Firefly with your PC via a USB hub. If Firefly then shows up in Synapse, there’s most likely an issue with your PC’s other USB port.
These are some simple guidelines, but they can help you if Razer Firefly is not showing up in Synapse, so be sure to try them.
3. Update Synapse 3
- Look for the Synapse 3 icon in your system tray. You might need to click a little arrow on your taskbar to view system tray programs.
- Right-click the Synapse 3 system tray icon and select the Check for updates option.
- Click Check For Updates in the Window that opens.
- If an update is available for Synapse, click the Update option.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If Razer Firefly is not showing up in Synapse, be sure to update the software and check if that solves your problem.
4. Repair Synapse
- Press the Type here to search taskbar button to open that tool.
- Input apps within the search tool’s text box.
- Click Apps & features to open the window in the screenshot directly below.
- Select the Razer Synapse 3 software in the app list.
- Click the Modify button, and select Yes on the UAC window.
- Then press the Repair option, which will reinstall the software.
- Restart Windows after repairing Razer Sypanse.
- Thereafter, you’ll need to sign in with your Razer ID again.
You can also uninstall Razer Synapse, and its leftover residual files, with third-party uninstaller software. If you do that, make you reinstall the latest version of Synapse from the official website.
5. Disable antivirus utilities
- Click the Windows Defender icon on your system tray.
- Then click the shield icon on the left side of Windows Defender.
- Next, click Manage settings to open the options shown directly below.
- Toggle the Real-time protection option off. Turn off the Cloud-delivered protection setting.
If you’re utilizing third-party antivirus software, right-click the system tray icon for it. Most third-party antivirus software tools include disabling options on their context menus.
So, look for and select your antivirus utility’s disable context menu option to temporarily turn it off. After making these changes, check if Razer Firefly is still not showing up in Synapse.
6. Update the firmware for Razer Firefly
- Click the download link for the Razer Firefly Firmware Updater tool on the Software and Firmware Updates page.
- Open the folder you downloaded the Razer Firefly Firmware Updater to in File Explorer.
- Click the Firefly firmware updater file to launch that utility.
- Select the Yes option on UAC prompts.
- Press the Next button within the firmware updater tool.
- Connect your Firefly device to a PC when prompted.
- Press the Update button if a firmware update is required.
- Then wait for the update to complete.
- Press the Close button, and restart Windows.
If none of the above resolutions fix Firefly not showing up in Razer Synapse 3, you might have a faulty device. In which case, you can get in touch with Razer support via its Contact Us page.
If your Firefly is within its warranty period, you can return it to Razer for a potential replacement. This guide dedicated to Razer Synapse lighting issues is also worthy of your attention if the problems didn’t stop here.
Did you manage to fix the issue on your own, by using one of our previously detailed solutions? Share the one that worked for you in the comments below.