- Wireless connections have numerous advantages, but they also come with certain issues.
- Many users reported that the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems, and in this article, we’re going to show you how to fix that.
- Are you having additional network problems? You can read about them in our dedicated Network & Internet section.
- Looking for more fixes? If so, be sure to check our Fix Hub for more articles like this one.
Wireless connections are great, especially if you don’t want to deal with wires, but many users reported that the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.
This can be a problem, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this issue once and for all.
What can I do if the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn adapter is having driver or hardware problems?
1. Use DriverFix
One way to fix all your driver-related issues is by using DriverFix software. To install the application, make sure that you’re using an Ethernet connection to connect to the Internet.
The software will automatically scan your system for any missing drivers and give you a detailed report, allowing you to easily see all outdated drivers on your PC.
Once the scan is completed, you can download the outdated drivers from the DriverFix database and install them automatically.
The database consists of over 18 million drivers, so you should be able to find all the drivers that you need. If needed, you can also back up your drivers, or schedule a scan to check for driver issues.
DriverFix is incredibly simple to use, and with its friendly user interface, you should be able to fix all your driver issues in a matter of moments.
Fix Wi-Fi adapter problems easily with this powerful software!
2. Download driver manually
- Connect to the Internet using an Ethernet connection.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website, and download the latest drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter.
- Install the drivers and check if the issue is resolved.
Alternatively, you can install the drivers like this:
- Connect your device to the Internet using the Ethernet connection.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your network adapter on the list, right-click it, and choose Update driver.
- Now select Search automatically for drivers and let Windows download the appropriate driver.
3. Change adapter settings
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your Wi-Fi adapter and double click it to open its properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Select 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz and set it 20MHz Only.
- Click OK to save changes.
After doing that, the problem with the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn Wi-Fi adapter should be fixed.
4. Use a USB Wi-Fi adapter
- Get a USB Wi-Fi adapter.
- Connect it to your PC.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
This is a workaround, but many users reported that this was the only option for them, so you might want to consider it.
If your device is still under warranty, you can also send it to the official repair center.
Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems error can be problematic, but you should be able to fix this issue by updating your drivers.