- Wi-Fi adapters are great for when you need Wi-Fi connectivity but don't want cables.
- We've compiled a list of what we consider to be the best wireless Wi-Fi adapters on the market.
- The products below deal with Wi-Fi connectivity, of which we've written plenty in our Wi-Fi Hub.
- For more lists featuring great gadgets, check out our Tech page.
Wireless networks are great, especially if you don’t want to deal with LAN cables, however, not all Windows 10 PCs have built-in Wi-Fi adapters.
Fortunately for you, there’s a wide array of wireless adapters available, and today we’re going to show you some of the best Windows 10 Wi-Fi adapters.
Bear in mind that public wireless networks might not be the safest, and if you decide to purchase a wireless adapter for your Windows 10 device, make sure to properly protect your Windows 10 PC on a public Wi-Fi network.
What are the best Wi-Fi adapters for your Windows 10 PC?
- Entire house network coverage
- Works with any 2.4Ghz wireless g/n routers
- Multi O/S support
- WiFi can cause problems if plugged in at power-on
The first thing you’ll notice about Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter is its size. This is a tiny USB Wi-Fi adapter, and in addition to being small, this device is rather affordable.
This compact Wi-Fi adapter works with a wide range of operating systems, including all older versions of Windows, Windows 10, and even Linux. This device has its limitations though, and it supports WEP 64/128bit, WPA, WPA2, 802.11i protocol along with 2.4GHz frequency.
Panda Ultra is a great USB Wi-Fi adapter for Windows 10 and it does come with technical support and a warranty.
- Dual Band USB WiFi Adapter
- Amazing mini design
- Easy to use hotspot
- The adapter tends to overheat
TP-Link Archer T2U 11AC USB WiFi Adapter is similar to the previous model we described when it comes to size.
In addition, it uses 5GHz frequency in order to avoid any potential interference. Unfortunately, this adapter is not compatible with older 2.4GHz routers, so keep that in mind.
In terms of design, this adapter is a great way to get speedy next-generation Wi-Fi connections and as a fact it has been designated the Worlds #1 provider of consumer Wi-Fi for 7 consecutive years.
- Dual-Band (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Supported Standards 802.11ac
- Wireless Security Standards Include WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
- Does not work as good with Linux
This device supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies and it works with the latest 802.11ac wireless standard. Of course, the older 802.11n standard is supported as well.
One feature that sets apart Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 from other devices is its 5dBi dual-band dipole antennas. Those antennas provide a decent range, but if you require a larger range, you can easily remove them and replace them with any other more powerful antenna.
Regarding security, this adapter supports WEP 64-Bit, WEP 128-Bit, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK encryption.
- Speeds up to 300Mbps for lag-free HD streaming and online gaming
- Easily establish a high-speed Wi-Fi hotspot
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- The adapter closes when the computer goes to sleep mode
This adapter comes with a miniature design and it uses 802.11b/g/n standard. TP-LINK TL-WN823N allows you to use soft AP mode thus turning it into a Wi-Fi hotspot for mobile devices.
Additional features include Clear Channel Assessment and Multiple Input Multiple Output technologies.
- Easy wireless security encryption
- 150Mbps wireless transmission rate
- Superior range and stability
- Not great for Linux users
A highlight of this Wi-Fi adapter is its detachable omnidirectional 4dBi antenna which you can easily replace if you need a larger range.
TP-LINK TL-WN722N supports a wide range of operating systems and it uses 802.11b/g/n standard.
In addition, this device can also work as a wireless hotspot for your mobile device.