- The Reddit enhancement suite is a plugin that helps improve the user experience of the Reddit platform.
- Old forms on preloaded pages may hinder Reddit from loading properly on your Chrome web browser.
- We recommend a simple browser relaunch as it may save you time on more complex solutions.
In this article, we help you resolve any problems of Reddit not loading in Chrome. But before we get into it, here is what you should know about Reddit.
It is a platform that mixes a forum, social news, online content, and a social network into one massive social network. Users may add data to the platform in the form of videos, photographs, text, and links. Other registered members may vote down or upon any piece of material on the site.
Interesting stuff climbs to the top, while dull information sinks to the bottom. As a consequence, most viral phenomena and online memes originate on Reddit.
It’s fantastic because the network is a meeting point for media, trends, micro-cultures, micro-communities, and inside jokes.
Before jumping into this Chrome issue with Reddit, note that some fixes in this article may also be helpful if you have a Reddit Unauthorized Error 401.
What is the Reddit Enhancement Suite?
Reddit Enhancement Suite (RES) is the unofficial Reddit browser add-on created by the community. It’s a collection of modules designed to improve the experience while browsing Reddit.
Chrome, Safari, Opera One, and Firefox are all compatible with the Reddit Enhancement Suite add-on. If you believe you can do without it, consider the following characteristics, which will persuade you to install it right now.
- It blocks NSFW information – Although Reddit includes a built-in setting that asks whether you want to see not safe for work (NSFW) material, it’s not very good at screening it out. The NSFW filter tool excels at this.
- It shows images and videos – One of its most valuable characteristics is the ability to let you open and view videos and pictures directly on a page, rather than needing a new tab.
- RES features essential keyboard shortcuts – For easy navigation and activities, it offers shortcuts. By default, you may downvote a post with the Z key and upvote a post with the A key.
- Switch between accounts – If you have different accounts split between your interests, then RES quickly helps you switch in and out of them.
What can I do if Reddit is not loading?
1. Check your internet connection
This should be your first call. Reddit as well as other resources will not respond if you have a faulty or bad internet connection.
You may verify this by trying to use any other internet service, or by visiting other websites. If you are not able to access them, then you may just be having an internet connection issue. In this case, the Reddit app not working on wifi may have nothing to do with the Reddit service itself.
Simply restart your router, or wait for service to be restored by your ISP.
2. Close and re-launch Reddit on Chrome
- Launch your browser.
- Navigate to Reddit.
- Use hotkeys Fn + F5, on some computers, you just use the F5 key to refresh the page.
If Reddit’s servers are not offline, you may only need to restart your browser. Close and reopen the browser to check whether the issue is resolved. Even if you are experiencing the Reddit app not loading on Android or iPhone, closing and relaunching the app will still come in handy.
3. End and Restart Chrome
- Right-click on the Start menu, then select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab, then from the list of processes, right-click on Google Chrome and select End task.
- Relaunch the browser and navigate to Reddit.
With Google Chrome not loading Reddit ending the process will trigger a forced stop and a complete restart at launch.
4. Clear the browser cache
- Launch your browser, click on the menu, expand More tools, and select the option to Clear browsing data.
- Select the Basic tab, pick a Time range of your choice, and mark the checkboxes for Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images. Then at the lower right corner, click the Clear data button.
When you visit a website, the web browser saves information like the site’s location and previous versions of forms. However, your web browser may continue to utilize outdated files even after being updated on the website.
You could continue to see outdated forms if you don’t delete your browser cache, which may create access or display issues, and may be a reason for your Reddit app not loading images.
To efficiently resolve the browser cache problems, there is a cleanup software like CCleaner that performs this task and many others to optimize your PC and delete browsing data automatically.
With these simple fixes, you should be able to correct any issues stopping Reddit from loading in Chrome. While we have not written them in any particular order, we always encourage you to start by reloading the browser. This is an easy fix and may save you the trouble of more complex solutions.
To further enhance your experience on Reddit, you should use any of the best Reddit apps for Windows 10 and 11.
We like to hear your thoughts on which of these solutions worked best for you. Please leave us a comment.