- Windows has a widget icon on the taskbar that you can use to view weather information, the latest headlines from Microsoft News, etc.
- If you want to disable these headlines from the widget, right now, there is no way.
- But, you can remove the Microsoft News from the taskbar by disabling the widget, as shown in this article.
If you want to remove Microsoft News from the Taskbar of your Windows PC, this article will guide you with helpful details.
Should I disable MS News from the Taskbar?
Indeed, the News and Interests is a fantastic feature. But it doesn’t mean everyone will like it. One thing you should be clear about is that the widget doesn’t really have a big impact on your PC performance.
If you want to disable it to gain performance, it may not be that much appropriate idea. But, if you just want to do it just because you want to get rid of Microsoft News, you can do it without thinking much.
How can I remove Microsoft News from Taskbar?
Before following the appropriate steps, you should check the following things:
- Make sure you have activated Windows. Inactive Windows won’t let you access any personalized settings.
- Your Windows is up to date, or at least you are using a recent version of Windows.
After ensuring the above things, follow these methods to remove Microsoft News from Taskbar.
1. Disable Widget
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Personalization and click on Taskbar.
- Toggle the switch off next to the Widgets.
This method is applicable to the latest Windows 11 users. You also can learn about more ways to disable widgets on Windows 11.
2. Turn off News and Interest
This method is available for the latest Windows 10. Right now, Windows 11 doesn’t have any similar option.
Unfortunately, Microsoft has not introduced any proper way to remove only the News from the widget. So, if you wish to use the widget, the feeds from MSN News will appear by default, and you cannot turn them off. So, to remove the MS news, you must disable the widget.
This article has explained how you can remove Microsoft News from the Taskbar. If you know of any other better ways, feel free to let us know in the comment box.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.