- To disable Windows 11 widgets, it's best to modify your group policy or registry.
- More advanced users can also completely remove this feature from their PC.
Widgets are one new feature of Windows 11, but they aren’t really that useful, and this is why many want to know how to disable widgets on Windows 11.
The process is not too complicated, and in today’s guide, we will show you a couple of ways to do that.
How do I permanently disable Windows 11 widgets?
1. Use Group Policy Editor
- Press Windows key + R and enter gpedit.msc. Click OK.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration and expand Administrative Templates. Next, navigate to Windows Components and expand Widgets. In the right pane, double-click on Allow widgets.
- Set it to Disabled and save changes.
- Restart your PC.
2. Modify registry with Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key + S and type cmd. Choose Run as administrator.
- Next, run the following command:
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Dsh" /v "AllowNewsAndInterests" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
- Close the Command Prompt and restart your PC.
3. Remove Windows web experience pack
- Press the Windows key + S, type cmd, and choose Run as administrator.
- Run the following command:
winget uninstall "windows web experience pack"
- Alternatively, you can use
winget uninstall MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_cw5n1h2txyewy
If asked for confirmation, just press Y and then Enter.
How do I turn off widgets on hover in Windows 11?
Easy, right? There’s no need to get frustrated when customizing your desktop as long as you follow our guides.
Still, if you’re not completely happy about the new design, learn how to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10.
Want to know how to make your desktop even cooler? You can make your Taskbar transparent in a few simple steps.
If you have any questions or suggestions, use the comments section below and let us know your thoughts.