- After upgrading to the new OS, more and more users started looking for ways to disable widgets in Windows 11.
- Because the feature takes up a lot of space on the screen, it can get quite frustrating for some people.
- In this article, you'll learn how to remove the widget in Windows 11 in just two steps, using the taskbar. And that's not the only option.
There is a lot of excitement regarding Windows 11. Quite a few users think of making the switch to the new OS version but not without questions.
Most users like the cool features and sleek design, but when it came to widgets, some users just want to know how to disable them.
Even though widgets are customizable and you can resize them from small to large, they still take up a lot of space on the screen, and that can be quite a nuisance.
Why did Microsoft brought widgets to Windows 11?
It looks like Microsoft really took into consideration user’s feedback and opinion when designing the new OS.
A lot of features have been removed or even deprecated, to leave room for a new and improved OS, with new partners, more apps, and a personalized feed powered by AI.
Yes, we are talking about widgets. According to Panos Panay, Chief Product Officer at Windows + Devices, widgets are here to make our lives easier by delivering us the information we most care about:
Even when we’re at our most focused and creative we still need breaks – a moment to check in with the outside world or give ourselves a mental reset. Today, we often pick up our phones to check the news, weather or notifications. Now, you can open a similarly curated view directly from your desktop.
With this feature, you get personalized information from multiple sources and apps to keep up with all current events from around the world,
Widgets were first presented to the public as News and Interests, as they currently are in Windows 10, but neither then nor now the response wasn’t the one expected.
On that note, follow our simple guide below and find out how to get rid of the Widgets when making the jump to Windows 11 and enjoy a clean desktop.
How do I disable widgets in Windows 11?
1. Use the taskbar settings
- Right-click on the taskbar to select Taskbar settings.
- Turn the toggle Off to remove the Widgets button.
2. Make the changes directly from Windows Settings
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Select Personalization.
- Scroll down and click on Taskbar.
- Now turn Off the Show Widgets button like in the previous solution.
3. Use the Taskbar Context Menu
- Right-click on the Widgets button from Taskbar.
- Click on Hide from taskbar.
- This will disable the Widgets button.
4. Use the Registry Editor
- Press Windows + R keys and type regedit to open the Registry.
- Navigate to:
- Locate TaskbarDa and change its value from 1 to 0.
Easy, right? There’s no need to get frustrated when customizing your desktop as long as you follow our guides.
Still, if you’re not completely happy about the new design, learn how to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10.
Want to know how to make your desktop even cooler? You can make your taskbar transparent in a few simple steps.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just use the comments section below and let us know what you think.