- Roblox is a popular multiplayer game where players can engage in thousands of user-created worlds and mini-games.
- The social aspect of Roblox is what makes it fun, and the chat is a powerful tool to allows players to interact. Some users have reported that the chat in Roblox is not working, and today we're looking at how to fix it.
- If you love online games as much as we do, then head over to our dedicated page where we discuss the latest news!
- Can't get enough of Roblox? We have an entire page dedicated to it. Have a look and make sure to bookmark it!
Roblox is a fun interactive online multiplayer gaming platform where you can play over 15 million games and have fun with your friends and other people who will eventually become your virtual friends.
The thing that makes Roblox so interactive, is that you can chat with all the users who are currently playing on the server with you. But from time to time, gamers complain about an error that’s preventing them from chatting in Roblox. This article will guide you step by step into fixing this problem.
Can’t chat in Roblox: Why this error occurs
1. Keyboard language is not set to English(US)
The first one is related to the fact that some users are from other countries than the US and their keyboards are set to a different language and keyboard patterns. Because in Roblox you use backslash “/” to chat, it might be useful to change your language preferences to English US.
This might be one of the answers and to do that, you just go to Settings > Time & Language > Language and this is where you can download and change your default language to English US.
2. Privacy settings are not set up
The second reason why the can’t chat in Roblox error happens is related to the fact that the developers added a default system of settings. As a result, the contact settings are set to “No one” in the privacy section. Changing this setting to everyone will fix the can’t chat in Roblox error.
To do so, you just have to go to Settings > Privacy and in the Contact Settings section you will change all 3 boxes, Who can message me?, Who can chat with me in app?, and Who can chat with me in game? from No one to Everyone.
This is the most common fix you can use to fix the Can’t chat in Roblox error.
If you’ve encountered other solutions to fix this error, please list them in the comment section below.
FAQ: Most common issues with Roblox Chat
- Why can’t I chat in Roblox?
If your Roblox chat isn’t working, the problem could be a language setting, as shown in our guide on fixing the chat.
- How do you fix chat not working on Roblox?
Make sure you’ve set your language and privacy settings as stated in our guide. This will allow you to use the chat.
- Can Xbox players chat on Roblox?
Roblox offers a voice chat option for Xbox players. If you have a microphone connected, you will automatically enter the in-game chat.
- How do you chat on Roblox?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2017 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.