- Users complain that the Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter is not working on their device since it doesn't recognize the external hard drive.
- Ensuring that the USB port and the USB cable are working properly is a quick way to fix the issue.
- Give a try to a dedicated tool to help you update drivers and solve this inconvenience for good.
- If the Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter is not recognized, not using Sabrent's power supply can be part of the problem.
Many people report that their external drives don’t work on Windows 10 when using a Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter.
The issue seems to be happing when the device does not recognize an external hard drive that is connected to the PC via a Sabrent USB to SATA/IDE hard drive adapter.
Other users report that they have encountered this problem when the device doesn’t recognize a drive that is connected to a computer via a Sabrent USB SATA hard drive flat docking station.
Regardless of the situation, fixing it requires the same steps that we will explore in the following lines so make sure to keep on reading.
What to do if Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE isn’t working?
1. Check the drive connection
One of the most common causes that can block Windows 10 from detecting the external drive has a lot to do with the existence of a bad physical connection.
Just to make sure you rule out this cause, it’s recommended to check if the USB port or the USB cable function as they should.
Simply check the USB cable and also search of a light indicator that will let you know the hard drive is working,
Additionally, you can check and see if the USB port on your computer is not by any chance damaged by unplugging the drive and use it on a different device or port on the same PC.
2. Update the driver
Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter issues in Windows 10 are often caused by outdated drivers. You may take care of this issue on your own but rest assured that a dedicated tool deserves your attention too.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Use Sabrent’s power supply
If the above steps did not help you solve the problem then we would recommend you make sure that you are using the power supply module that came with the Sabrent unit.
It is possible that the HDD you’ve prepared actually has more power than can be supplied by a USB3 port. A USB3 port can only supply up to 0.9 amps.
It is usually indicated that an HDD needs 1 amp to start up and over 2 amps for reading and writing which could be why you should use the power supply unit Sabrent came with.
That is about all you should do in order to fix Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE adapter issues. If you also think of finding the USB network adapter that will work best for your laptop, desktop, and not only, rest assured that we can help you.
Our best USB network adapters list includes a few great models that support IPv4/IPv6 protocols, are portable, and easily connect a USB 3.0 device to a router, modem, or network switch.
If you have additional comments and suggestions regarding the above tips, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.