- Users complain about getting the error message that the Cannon scanner driver is not supported by this software or is not installed.
- Disabling the firewall or antivirus will allow for your scanner to communicate properly and solve the driver error message.
- Running the troubleshooter, by following the steps indicated in this article is yet another way of quickly fixing it.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool is the most reliable and safest way on fixing the scanner driver not installed issue for Canon.
There are many reasons why this situation is occurring, some of them can have a lot to do with a faulty or wrongly installed driver, as well as with a faulty functioning of the scanner.
In this article we will show you what to do when the scanner driver is not installed on your Canon device, so make sure to continue reading.
How can I fix the scanner driver not installed in Canon?
1. Reinstall the scanner software
- Remove any cables that connect your scanner to your PC.
- Next, go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the printer driver and click Uninstall.
- Restart your device and go to the manufacturers’ website.
- In the search area, type in your product name.
- Click on it and go to the Drivers & Downloads section.
- Download the displayed driver and install it on your device.
2. Use Device Manager
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R key to open the Run box.
- Next, type in devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Search for the Imaging devices on the list and locate your scanner.
- Check out if there is a yellow mark next to it and if it is, right-click on it.
- Select Properties and go to the Driver tab.
- In here click on Update driver and allow for the process to finish.
- Restart your device afterward.
3. Disable your firewall
It is not uncommon for the firewall or the antivirus to be set on being too secure, meaning that it will prevent peripherals, scanner included, from communicating effectively.
After you disable your firewall, give the scanner another try and see if it works properly now. In case it does, then we would recommend that you add the appropriate ports as exceptions.
By doing this, you will ensure that your firewall will not restrict the data traffic anymore and the necessary ports for the printer to work properly are unblocked.
4. Run the troubleshooter
- Go to Search and type in Settings.
- In here, locate the Devices option and click on it.
- Next, click on Printers & scanners and from the right side, select the scanner.
- In the Printers & scanners section click on Manage.
- Now click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Allow for the process to finish and follow the indicated steps.
5. Use a dedicated tool
Like all devices, printers may fail to work properly although nothing seems wrong on the surface at least. Most of the time, the malfunction of a printer has a lot to do with the existence of a faulty or outdated driver.
As you could see there are several ways that will help you figure out what is wrong with the driver, although checking them manually can take some time.
Using a dedicated tool to help update and fix faulty or missing drivers is the most recommended way if you are getting the message that the MP navigator ex scanner driver is not installed.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
With this last recommendation, we will conclude our list of solutions. Now you know what are the steps you need to make in case you get the error message that the scanner driver is not supported by this software or is not installed.
Let us know in the dedicated section below what solution worked best for you, we would love to know.