- The two devices you use most, your phone and your PC, should not compete for your attention.
- Check out these nifty tips to send and receive text messages without ever leaving your Windows 10 desktop.
- Make life even simpler with these Best Auto SMS sender software for PC.
- Don't be shy to explore our Tech Guides for more handy solutions to enhance your digital journey.
PCs and cell phones are getting more and more connected every year, especially with Windows 10 and its cross-compatibility.
And one of the most common questions people have is how to send text messages from a computer to a cell phone? So, we prepared a couple of ways in this article.
How to send text messages from Windows 10?
1. Send messages through the Windows Email app
Probably the simplest way to send messages from your computer to a cell phone is through email. To do so, just follow these instructions:
- Open Windows 10 Mail App
- Click on New Mail
- Now just enter the number you want to send the text message to and enter the code of your provider.
- Here are message codes of some popular providers:
- Write the message as a normal email and just hit Send
When your friend replies to your text message, you’ll also get it in your Mail inbox.
2. Send messages through a carrier’s website
A lot of mobile carriers offer you an option to send free SMS messages from your computer for free. Depending on the carrier, you’ll be able to send text messages to other users of that carrier’s services, or even users of other networks.
So just go to your carrier’s website, log into your account, find the option for texting, and send the text message from your computer.
3. Use a free SMS website
There are literally a ton of websites that offer the possibility to send SMS messages for free. But using some of these websites isn’t always the best solution, because a lot of them are scams.
And even legit ones have their own cons, for example, you’ll get bombarded with a lot of ads, you won’t be able to receive text messages on the site directly, you’ll have to leave your personal info, which is not recommended.
4. Send messages through Mailbird
You might be familiar with this popular email client that offers tons of features including email syncing, customizable layouts, an intuitive interface, and seamless integration with a plethora of third-party apps.
Speaking of which, what you might not know is that you can send and receive text messages on Windows 10 by integrating Mailbird – winner of Most popular mail alternative of 2020, together with WhatsApp.
As a matter of fact, you can do more than just send an SMS by combining the two; you can add an instant messenger right on your desktop to avoid switching devices.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Unified Inbox to manage all emails from multiple accounts
- Simple, uncluttered, and intuitive interface with numerous customization options (free color themes and layouts designed for Windows)
- Seamless app integrations (including Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Dropbox, Google Calendar, Asana, and many more)
- Snooze features to prioritize and separate important communications
- Speed Reader and Custom Sounds for email and/or chat notifications
- A powerful attachment search feature
- Intuitive keyboard shortcuts for archiving, composing, replying, and forwarding
- Multi-language, 24/7, free support
Do you know some other effective ways to send SMS messages from your computer?
If you do, tell us in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a popular method is by using the Your Phone App which you can download from the Microsoft Store. If you encounter issues with the Store, take a look at this complete troubleshooting guide.
One of the most simple ways to send an SMS from your PC is by using the native Windows Live Mail feature. Check out the step-by-step procedure here.
You can use Cortana for instant messaging on your Windows 10 PC. Follow the easy steps in this detailed guide to set it up in no time.