The Start menu is Windows 10’s primary app launcher and includes an indexed list of the software along with tile shortcuts to open apps with.
You can also add a handy Most Used App list to the top of the menu, which provides shortcuts to software you open more often.
How to Configure the List of Most Used Apps on PC
The Most Used software list is a handy list of apps you can add to or remove from right on the Start menu with a settingWindows provides:
- Press the Cortana button on the taskbar and enter ‘most used’ in the search box.
- Click Show most used apps in Start to open the window directly below.
- This window includes a Show more used app option. Click that setting to switch the Most used list on.
- Click the Start button to open the menu, which will now include a Most used list on it as below.
- You can also remove an app from the Most used list by right-clicking it, selecting More and Don’t show in this list.
How to fix the Most Used List in Windows 10
The Windows 10 Creators Update was first rolled out in April 2017. However, some Windows users have found the Show most used apps option grayed out after the update.
This is because of the new Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results setting introduced in the Creators Update. You can fix the Most used list by switching that option on as follows.
- Press the Win key + I hotkey to open the Settings app.
- Then, select Privacy to open the General options below. The updated Windows will include a Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search result setting there.
- Switch the Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search result setting on. Now you can also select the Show most used apps option, which is no longer grayed out.
The Most used list is certainly a convenient part of the Start menu. The Show more used app option is just one of the Start menu‘s numerous customization settings.
You can also customize the Start menu‘s color scheme, transparency and Live Tiles.