Windows 10 Creators Update system requirements for PC
If you’re curious to test out the many new features and improvements included in Windows 10’s Creators Update, you can already hit the upgrade button to do so. While Microsoft will release its latest OS to the general public on April 11th, early adopters can upgrade their PCs to the Creators Update through Microsoft’s Update Assistant right now.
Before installing the new OS on your machine, make sure that you meet the necessary system requirements. If you choose to use the Update Assistant, the good news is that the tool will first check the available hard drive storage space. If you don’t have enough hard drive free space, you’ll be prompted to free up more space.
As a quick reminder, back in August many users who tried installing the Anniversary Update encountered many problems since the Update Assistant didn’t check the system’s available free space. As a result, even if there wasn’t enough free space available, the upgrade process started only to get stuck a few minutes afterward.
Windows 10 Creators Update hardware requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16GB for 32-bit OS or 20GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
Also, before you hit the update button, prepare your computer for the upgrade process by performing the following actions:
- Backup and clean your computer: Delete any unnecessary files and clear your browser’s cookies and cache. Back up important files.
- Make sure that your antivirus is up to date. Run a full system scan.
- Install the latest updates available for Windows and all the apps installed on your PC.
- Create a recovery drive in case anything goes wrong.
Have you already upgraded your PC to the Windows 10 Creators Update? How did the upgrade process go?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to install Windows 10 Creators Update without a Microsoft account
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update on devices with limited storage
Screenshots are very useful when you want to remember something or if you want to share some info with someone. Windows 10 offers a couple […]
Some users have reported that their VPN is not working with their Asus router. This problem seems to apply to a wide range of Asus […]
Microsoft’s very own Edge is getting a new Fluent modern color picker on Windows 10. If you’re an Insider, you can already test the latest […]