- One way to fix Silhouette Studio has encountered an error and must quit error is to update your graphics card drivers.
- Keeping the software up to date can prevent this problem from occurring.
- A corrupted cache can cause a wide array of problems, and removing it might help you fix them.
Silhouette Studio is very popular design software that allows you to create a wide range of designs. You can make projects from scratch or download some of the designs from the Design Store.
Silhouette Studio’s An error has occurred. Quit without saving error can be extremely annoying, especially if you’re excited to start using this application.
No matter what circumstances you find yourself in, getting this error message will stop you from accessing your project.
In this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting steps that you can take to solve the Silhouette Studio that has encountered an error issue on Windows 10 & 11 and get back to designing.
How does Silhouette Studio work?
Silhouette Studio is design software that you can use to create amazing designs from scratch. However, that’s not all, since the application works with specialized printers.
This allows you to create custom stickers, labels, tags, gift cards, and much more. Since it’s such a versatile tool, it’s no wonder why it’s extremely popular with designers.
Why does my Silhouette Studio keep saying quit without saving?
Silhouette Studio has encountered an error and must quit and similar messages can occur if your drivers are out of date, so be sure to use driver updater software to correct this issue.
File corruption is another common problem, and sometimes removing the cache or the application is the best way to deal with this annoying problem.
How do you fix Silhouette An error has occurred quit without saving on Windows 10/11?
1. Update your PC graphics drivers
- Press Windows key + X keys on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Right-click on your graphics card driver and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for Windows to download and install the appropriate driver.
If you want to quickly update all drivers on your PC, we suggest using driver updater software such as DriverFix that can do that automatically for you.
2. Remove AppData for your Silhouette Studio
- Close all running instances of Silhouette.
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard, type %appdata%, and press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.
- Try opening Silhouette Studio again and see if the problem is fixed.
3. Clear your Silhouette Studio library
- Press Windows key + R keys on your keyboard, type %programdata%, and press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8.
- Try opening the Silhouette software again and check if the problem still exists.
- Recover the library by following these official steps.
4. Update to the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Visit the official Silhouette Studio download page.
- Select the version that matches your operating system and click on Download Silhouette Studio.
- Run the downloaded file to update the app.
What do I do if Silhouette Studio is crashing on Windows 11?
Install the 32-bit version
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- In the left pane, navigate to Apps. In the right pane, select Installed apps.
- Click the three dots next to the Silhouette Studio and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Now visit Silhouette Studio download page.
- Select Windows 32-bit version.
- Once the application is downloaded, install it.
This method will help you fix Silhouette Studio has encountered an error and must quit on all versions of Windows, and not just the latest one, so be sure to give it a try.
Is Silhouette Studio free to use?
The application is available for free, and you can use it without too many restrictions. However, there are three paid versions available as well.
Note that the basic version can be used indefinitely, but it lacks certain features, such as the ability to import SVG, GSD, and DXF files, custom fill patterns, advanced knife, eraser functions, and more.
What are Silhouette Studio’s requirements?
- OS: Windows 7 or newer
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- CPU: 2 GHz or faster
- Storage: 2 GB hard disk space
- USB Port: USB 2.0 or newer
In this article, we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Silhouette Studio error occurred Quit without saving error message.
In case you have additional issues, we suggest visiting our Silhouette Studio keeps freezing guide for more solutions.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you fix the error message, by using the comments section below.