- Technology has advanced drastically and that brought high download speed to users worldwide.
- Many users reported that their download speed is slow, so we’re going to show you how to fix that.
- Web browsers are constantly improving, and if you want to keep track of the latest news, be sure to visit our Browsers section.
- Need to find out more about downloads and other related topics? Check out our Download page!
We download files on a daily basis, but some users reported that their browser download speed is slow. This can be a hindrance, especially if you’re working on an important project and you need to download files fast.
There are several causes of this problem, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this issue for good.
How do I fix slow download speed in browser?
1. Check your browser
If this problem appears in your browser, be sure to try using a different browser. Your browser installation might be corrupted, or certain settings might be interfering with the download speed.
If you’re looking for a new web browser, Opera might be the perfect choice for you. The browser is based on Chromium, which means that it’s compatible with Chrome extensions.
Another great feature is the built-in ad blocker, and it will block all ads and tracking scripts and improve the webpage loading time. The browser also has its own free VPN that comes with unlimited bandwidth.
Additional features include the ability to organize tabs into workspaces, integrated messenger, Instagram integration, ability to search for open tabs, and low hardware requirements.
If you’re looking for a new web browser, be sure to give Opera a try.
OperaEnjoy surfing the Internet at lightning-fast speeds both in terms of download and page-loading speeds with one of the world's fastest web browsers available!
2. Disable your antivirus
The first thing that you need to do is to disable your antivirus. Users reported issues while using Spybot Search and Destroy, but after disabling the TeaTimer component, the issue was resolved.
Bear in mind that other antivirus can cause this problem as well, so be sure to check them as well.
3. Use netsh command
- Press Windows Key + X and select PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- Run the following command:
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Check if the problem is still there.
- If the issue is still there, run the following command:
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Users reported that using one of these two commands fixed the problem for them, so be sure to try them both.
4. Check download speed on other devices
If there’s a significant difference between the results on your PC and phone, it means that the problem is related to your PC.
If the results are similar on both devices, the issue is related to your modem or ISP.
Slow download speed in your browser can be a problem, but we hope that you managed to fix this issue using one of our solutions.
FAQ: Learn more about browsers
- Which browser gives best download speed?
If you’re looking for a browser that will give you the best download speed, be sure to try out Opera, since it comes with a built-in ad blocker that will improve webpage loading speed.
- Does Web browser affect download speed?
Your browser can somewhat affect your download speed. However, browser configuration, add-ons, and your antivirus settings can affect your download speed as well.
- Why is my browser download speed so slow?
There are many reasons for slow download speed in your browser, but the most common cause is your antivirus settings or system settings.
- Why is downloading on Chrome so slow?
There are several reasons for slow download speed in Chrome, but the most common ones are your addons. In some instances, your browser settings can cause this problem as well.