- Autodesk Maya, or just Maya for friends, is without a doubt one of the most powerful 3D modeling programs.
Autodesk Maya, or just Maya for friends, is without a doubt one of the most powerful 3D modeling programs. This tool lets you generate anything, ranging from jaw-dropping scenery and animations to fully-detailed models, characters, and objects.
However, the more powerful a certain tool is, the more difficult it is to get the hang of it, let alone mastering it. That’s why Maya, like various other products under Autodesk’s belt, is a bit out of reach for casual PC users. Financially speaking, of course.
Autodesk Maya’s system requirements
Given that this tool is no toy, we should expect to see an impressive list of system requirements. Well, we found it and it looks like this:
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Architecture: 64-bit
- CPU: Intel or AMD processor that has SSE4.2 instruction set (64-bit only)
- Graphics Hardware: supported graphics card (the list is absolutely huge)
- RAM: 8 GB RAM minimum, at least 16 GB recommended
- Disk Space: 4 GB of free HDD space for setup
- Pointing Device: Three-button mouse (at least)
As you can see, you can’t just deploy and run Maya on any machine. However, considering its outstanding list of features, it’s not exactly a surprise.