NewSoftwares USB Block is a software application that blocks USB ports and stops malware from infecting your Windows PC. You can also use it to prevent other people from using your computer through the USB ports, like inserting their flash drives to copy your files.
Malware agents have a sneaky way of infiltrating unprotected computers to corrupt your operating system and hijack confidential files. It’s why the role of a powerful antimalware application can’t be overlooked.
But there are additional ways in which you can boost your PC security, and one of them is by controlling USB ports. This way, you cut access to removable storage devices that could compromise your system.
One of the best tools for the job is NewSoftwares USB Block. It’s a Windows software solution that gives you the possibility to block not only USB ports but also other vulnerable parts of your computer, such as optical drives, non-system drives, and network access.
- Block USB ports, optical drives, non-system drives, network access
- Create a whitelist of authorized devices
- Stealth mode
- No forever-free version
NewSoftwares USB Block is easy to use. Besides, it can protect you from any outside attempts at stealing your sensitive files, such as private photos, work documents, or software source code. It also has a stealth mode you can quickly activate to make USB Block invisible to everyone else.
Before getting our final verdict for this security software program, let’s take a look at the editions, system prerequisites, setup operation, interface, how to use details, and set of features provided by USB Block.
NewSoftwares USB Block editions
The USB blocker isn’t freeware. However, you can test its complete set of options and configuration settings for 25 times at no cost. Afterward, you’ll not be able to use the product anymore unless you get a software license.
On the bright side, you just have to make a one-time payment to acquire a serial code for NewSoftwares USB Block. There aren’t any subscription plans available, so you don’t need to worry about monthly fees.
NewSoftwares USB Block system requirements
There are no particular hardware specs, so NewSoftwares USB Block should work even with older PCs. You need:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
Getting started with NewSoftwares USB Block
Setting up USB Block on your PC is an easy task that requires minimal effort on your behalf. After accepting the license agreement, you can edit the program shortcuts. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to choose the destination folder.
At startup, it’s necessary to set and confirm a password that will be requested on application access and device authentication. A strength meter measures the complexity of the key, but there’s no password recovery feature. As such, you should be sure you won’t forget the key.
NewSoftwares USB Block interface
When it comes to the graphical interface, USB Block has a modern look and neatly structured layout with a red theme. Buttons on the top part of the main window give you quick access to Detailed Summary, Control Center, Authorized Devices, Reports and Locks, along with Program Options.
How to use USB Block
To block device access, go to the Control Center of the application and check the boxes of the access type you wish to restrict. The modifications are applied instantly, as you can tell from the Protection label (Enabled in green, Disabled in red).
At this point, you can exit USB Block and leave your PC unattended, knowing that unauthorized access will be automatically prevented by USB Block, according to your preferences.
To create a list of authorized devices, it’s necessary to insert every device into the computer unit. This way, USB Block collects the ID and identifies the associated device to allow its access in future sessions.
A required security tool for blocking USBs and other devices
All aspects considered, NewSoftwares USB Block turns out to be an excellent security application to help you restrict the access of USB pen drives and other devices. This way, you can prevent some types of malware attacks and rest assured that your operating system and critical files remain untouched.
NewSoftwares USB Block is incredibly intuitive. Any kind of user can quickly get used to its workspace and configure the program for USB lockdown, including unskilled individuals. Plus, the utility doesn’t hamper the computer’s performance and features stealth mode to fully hide its tracks from unsuspecting users.
FAQ: Learn more about NewSoftwares USB Block
- Is NewSoftwares USB Block free?
No, NewSoftwares USB Block isn’t freeware. However, you can evaluate all its features for 25 times, free of charge.
- Is NewSoftwares USB Block safe?
NewSoftwares USB Block is 100% safe. It’s a legitimate security application that protects your PC from malware and data theft by restricting access to USB ports and other parts of your system. It doesn’t make permanent changes to your system.
- What’s the best software to block USB ports?
NewSoftwares USB Block is one of the best software tools to block USB ports. However, if you’re interested in alternative solutions, we suggest checking out Gilisoft USB Lock, SysTools USB Blocker, and USB Disk Manager.
Overview of NewSoftwares USB Block features
- Control Center: block USB devices, discs and floppy drives, network access, non-system drives
- Authorized Devices: create a list of authorized devices by inserting them into your PC to get IDs
- Reports and Logs: monitor activity to get the 100 latest logs with device and usage reports
- Detailed Summary: get an overview of the Control Center status + Reports and Locks
- Password protection: change the master password for program access and device authorization
- Stealth: hide program shortcuts from Start Menu, Desktop and Control Panel, set a hotkey to run USB Block in stealth mode, disable prompts for authorization password
- Safe mode: block USB and other devices even when you’re running Windows in safe mode
- Hack Attempts: monitor attempts at program deletion or uninstall, or password guessing
- Secure uninstall: remove USB Block from your PC only by entering the correct password
- Free trial
- USB lock, port block
- Release Notes
- The latest update of USB Block brings you improved compatibility and the minor bugs are now fixed.