USB port locking/blocking software is able to block your computer from reading any USB Flash drive.
Some tools also come with the option to add a password to change the USB port block settings, and other provide the opportunity of keeping the USB port as read-only.
It’s useful to have such a tool because USB Flash drives are one of the most significant potential threats to your system.
USB Flash drives that are not safe and checked could carry all kinds of malware and viruses that could have a severe impact on your system. USB port block programs offer enhanced protection from undesired data transfer as well.
We picked five tools that provide high protection by blocking the USB port, so take a look at their sets of features and functionalities and get the one that seems to work best for your system’s needs.
Gilisoft USB Lock
One of the best applications to block USB ports on your PC is Gilisoft USB Lock. This software is incredibly simple to use, and as for the features, here are few notable ones:
- Can block both USB and SD discs
- Can prevent reading and burning of optical discs
- Ability to block websites and applications
- Copy protection features that prevents the copying of important files
- Whitelist feature that allows you to copy files only to approved devices
- Password protection prevents the application from being uninstalled
- Invisible Mode lets the software run in the background without detection
- Email alert if someone tries to access the software with the wrong password
- Ability to see USB activity history
- Can monitor all file operations on removable storage
- Ability to view access history and the activity of whitelisted devices
SysTools USB Blocker
SysTools USB Blocker is a program that is able to block and unblock all the USB ports on the user’s machine.
There are a lot of features included in this tool, so make sure to check out the most important ones listed below:
- SysTools USB Blocker comes with the function of blocking the USB ports in order to restrict unwanted users from using USB devices such Flash drives, pen drives and more.
- No data can be carried out of your computer in your absence.
- This tool also provides the chance to unblock the USB ports when required.
- In order to be able to block and unblock USB ports, the program needs the computer and the user password.
- SysTools USB Blocker is a capable and efficient software because it can block and unblock unlimited USB ports of more computers.
- You will need to provide a login password in order to unblock the USB port from the blocked state.
- This program comes with a user-friendly interface, and even beginners can easily get the hang of it.
This tool is compatible with all Windows versions. You can get SysTools USB Blocker from the official website and see how it works.
NetSoftwares USB Block
NetSoftwares USB Block is a program that prevents data leaks by restricting USB drives, external devices and ports on your computer.
You will be able to whitelist only your portable drives while blocking all the others.
Take a look at the most important features and functionalities that are included in this tool:
- NetSoftwares USB Block secures all your confidential files.
- Using this program, you can authorize trusted USB drives and devices.
- When an unauthorized device is detected, there’s a password prompt that comes up asking you to either whitelist the device or cancel the access.
- You will be able to monitor hack attempts and incorrect passwords.
- This program also allows you to check any illegal activity on your system.
- NetSoftwares USB Block is able to prevent data leaks in companies and offices.
This program is a powerful tool for blocking unwanted external devices from accessing your system, and it comes with even more impressive features worth analyzing.
Check out more functionalities included and try the program for free.
USB Disk Manager
If you’re looking for free software to block USB ports, perhaps you should try USB Disk Manager. As for the features, here are few that we need to mention:
- USB write protection
- Prevent users from copying files to your PC
- Block users from copying files to the USB device
- Completely hide USB devices from your PC
- Prevents running application form the USB drive
- Can disable Autorun feature completely
- Blocks applications from accessing USB devices
- AutoCopy features that installs USB Disk Manager on your USB drive as a portable application
USBDeview is a USB port manager that allows you to enable and also disable USB port lock. With the help of this freeware, you will be able to view the list of USB ports and also the devices that are connected to them.
Check out the best features and functionalities that come packed in this tool:
- This program lists all USB devices that are currently connected to your system and the USB devices that were previously used.
- For each of the USB devices, you will see displayed extended information including the following: device’s name and description, type, serial number, the date and time that it was added to your system, VendorID, ProductID and more.
- In order to enable and disable USB ports, you will have to select a port from the list of ports and then click on the Red button to disable it or the Green button to enable it.
- You can also uninstall USB devices that you have previously used and disconnect the USB devices that are currently connected to your system.
- You will get the chance to use the USBDeview program on a remote computer as long as you log in to that system with admin user.
These are out five picks for the best tools for blocking USB ports.
After you take a look at their extended sets of features, you’ll definitely be able to make an informed decision that will provide enhanced safety for your system.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, drop them in the comments section below and we’ll surely take a look.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: