Organizational charts (also known as organigrams or organograms) are incredibly useful for showcasing the roles and relationships within a company. Although it’s possible to draw such diagrams using pen and paper, it can be difficult to update information as your business evolves.
That’s why it’s a better idea to turn to professional applications for help. And one of the best examples we can think of is OrgCharting. Made for Windows and Mac, OrgCharting is a highly intuitive tool that provides you with many templates to quickly create organizational charts.
- Elegant interface and clean layout
- Explore rich templates of charts
- Export diagrams to various file formats
- No forever-free version available
OrgCharting is wrapped in an easy interface that enables you to design organizational charts by making a few mouse clicks and integrating your company’s personnel files. In addition to using the available templates, you can check out advanced color themes. An organizational chart is practical not only for visualizing a company’s structure but also for workforce planning and management.
Before reading our OrgCharting review, make sure to look over its system requirements, limitations, setup procedure, interface, and set of features below.
OrgCharting system requirements
Check if your Windows PC meets these conditions before you download and run the OrgCharting setup file:
- Memory: at least 1 Gb RAM
- Disk space: around 850 Mb
- OS: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
OrgCharting free trial
Regrettably, OrgCharting doesn’t offer a free version. But you can play with all its features during a 15-days free trial. The only problem is that, if you attempt to export any charts, the program auto-applies a watermark.
To get past this restriction and continue using OrgCharting past the free trial, you have to buy a software license. There are multiple license plans available, depending on your needs.
For example, you can choose from single-user, multi-user, academic/non-profit, and upgrade mode. Different prices are listed for small, medium, and large corporations, too, so make sure to thoroughly explore your buying options. You should also know that you will receive a 30-days money-back guarantee.
OrgCharting installation and interface
When it comes to the user interface, OrgCharting is simple and elegant. It has a modern style that perfectly blends with the current Windows appearance. You can choose from a white, light, or dark gray theme, as well as increase the font size. All options are displayed in a well-structured layout, where you can get started by previewing the templates.
How to use OrgCharting
To quickly make an organigram with OrgCharting, follow these steps:
- Explore the templates and pick an example
- Double-click the text fields and add your company’s structure data
- Edit names, assign photos and customize colors
- Open the main menu and select an export option
Design organizational charts with OrgCharting
Taking everything into account, OrgCharting offers a simple and elegant solution to help you design organizational charts and better manage your business. It supports a wide range of templates and gives you the possibility to easily add your own content before exporting the project to a user-friendly file format.
We’ve noticed that OrgCharting doesn’t hog system resources, so you shouldn’t have any trouble running it alongside other applications. Anyone can handle this program, even inexperienced users. Besides, it comes with a comprehensive help manual that explains every part of the tool.
- Is OrgCharting free?
No, OrgCharting isn’t free to use, but you can check out its 15-days free trial. Keep in mind that a watermark is automatically added to all exported projects during the trial.
- Is OrgCharting safe?
OrgCharting is a legitimate software product made to help you easily plan your tasks and find solutions to challenging situations by creating organizational charts. It doesn’t include any malware either, so it’s perfectly safe to download, install, and use.
- What is the best software for flow diagrams?
OrgCharting is one of the best diagram tools for Windows PCs. However, if you want to check out alternative programs with similar features, we suggest getting started with Edraw Max, Microsoft Visio, and ClickCharts.
Overview of OrgCharting features
- Easily design organizational charts for your company
- Explore rich templates like finance, hospital, hotel, division of student affairs, hire date, hierarchical, performance, or marketing
- Edit chart templates by adding, editing, and removing text
- Change the layout style of the chart and optimize the layout to reduce the page width
- Customize the page style like the theme, theme font, watermark, background colors and pictures
- Insert photos, hyperlinks, attachments, notes, and comments
- Find and replace text, as well as use a spell checker
- Resync the entire chart by associating it with data from an external file
- Export chart data in Excel, text, or CSV file format, and choose which fields to include
- Create a slideshow, add more slides, switch to fullscreen mode, and export slides to PPT or PDF file type
- Put together a Gantt chart, edit options, set milestones, export the chart to PDF
- Zoom in and out, show rulers and gridlines, view the chart data in tree mode, use a search tool
- Enable automatic backups and recover data from previously saved backups anytime
- Export projects as graphics files, PDF, PS, EPS, Office, HTML, or SVG files
- Send organizational charts as email attachments
- Software Version
- Free trial
- chart, diagram