- The finest tools for creating WBS and Gantt charts are required for a solid project planning foundation.
- You receive the scheduled start and completion dates, the early and late start and finish dates, types of floats, and, of course, the important path and essential tasks.
- Work breakdown structures are typically deliverable-oriented hierarchical breakdowns of work that is to be done, most commonly by a team.
WBS aka work breakdown structure is a detailed tree structure of various tasks and deliverables that need to be performed in order to complete a project.
WBS is the foundation of project planning alongside Gantt charts. These two tools are probably the most common project management instruments.
How can WBS and Gantt chart software help me?
Nowadays, you have every tool possible for project planning and management, from timekeeping and clock-punching to communication platforms Gantt charts, and expense tracking.
All lead to a better understanding and handling of any project in order to manage your budget and resources to finish the job within your scheduled deadline.
Here are five of the best tools for creating WBS and Gantt charts together with their sets of features.
What are the best tools to create WBS and Gantt charts?
Monday.com – Best overall
To ensure reaching the goals and targets, Monday.com provides smart Gantt charts to enable visual tracking in real-time of all important data. Team communication and coordination will be improved and everyone will be kept focused and informed about what matters.
Future goals and targets are better planned on a roadmap like a Gantt chart. Simple to follow, it’s critical to secure the success of your company. Monday.com provides all the tools needed to make planning ahead look like a piece of cake.
Gantt charts are a new way of viewing the road ahead, simple to understand by anyone. With this feature, you can skip some of those long and boring PowerPoint presentations. By having all your data in one single place, you’ll have a better overview of your business.
All this is made possible by Monday.com, along with plenty of features that we want you to discover by yourself, only to help your company increase its value. Also, it has a mobile app to let you do all this from anywhere.
Here are some other good features:
- Dashboards for an easy way to run reports from a high-level overview to the very last detail
- Integrations with apps like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Dropbox, etc.
- Automations that save time on repetitive tasks
- Gantt charts are prepared to help you plan, execute and track all types of projects by using a visual and flexible platform.
- Handle any workflow and smooth it out with an easy setup
- Collaboration available in real-time, documents that contain real-time updated data, and connections between data and documents across platforms
- One collaborative space to manage and share all files
Monday.comYour companion when it comes to efficient planning and smart Gantt charts.
Zoho Projects – Seamless project management
If you want to use WBS and Gantt charts to their maximum potential, Zoho Projects is one of the top project management tools on the market.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to download anything because this is a cloud-based app that can be accessed from anywhere with any browser-able device.
Although project management is a complicated job, with the intuitive UI from Zoho Projects, everything falls into place a lot easier.
Thanks to its drag-and-drop function, rescheduling tasks and setting up dependencies only takes a few clicks in the Gantt charts.
Talking about the Gantt charts, they are easy to edit, color code everything, delete, adjust time lags between tasks, and a lot more.
That’s why the built-in Gantt chart maker makes it simple for you to track all the processes and any possible problem just pops out.
With Zoho Projects, you can monitor many projects simultaneously and save the templates you create to use them on future projects.
The solution has time-tracking and project management features but you may also integrate it with other products from Zoho but also Microsoft and Google apps that you may already use.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Let’s review some of its best features:
- Cloud-based dashboard available from anywhere in the world on any device
- Built-in Gantt chart maker
- End-to-end project and task automation
- Color coding for tasks, teams, projects, and more
- Notifications and collaboration features
- Time tracking for everything there is to track, from work to time spent on projects and billable hours, all centralized in one place.
Zoho ProjectsGet your projects done in time with a built-in Gantt chart maker and lots of other WBS features!
ClickUp – Most business-wise capabilities
ClickUp is an all-project management solution. It contains features that allow you to manage practically every area of a business. It does not have, for example, native accounting management but you can integrate accounting software.
Gantt charts are an essential tool within ClickUp making goals easier to view and reach. Also by using this feature, you will have a better view of how tasks are finalized, track the progress of projects and keep everyone on the right track.
With a friendly interface, affordable, and lots of templates to choose from, ClickUp is a great solution for business monitoring and goal tracking. Rather than getting entangled in a few large projects, ClickUp’s hierarchical structure, or WBS, allows you to access your complete workflow in one spot.
ClickUp also provides excellent customer support to assist you in determining how to work on your tasks more efficiently and successfully.
To get things done, check out its features to discover if it suits your needs:
- 1000+ app integrations for time tracking, cloud storage, calendar, and more
- Organize your action items into projects, spaces, lists, and tasks
- Gantt charts, Calendars, and other tools can be added with documents, discussions, reminders, spreadsheets, and embeds
- Automatically accomplish tasks, conditions, and processes
- Build for any type of company in any domain, no matter the size
ClickUpGantt charts are one of the many ways to improve productivity and efficiency when using ClickUp.
Smartsheets – Best for creating spreadsheet roadmaps
Smartsheets is a cloud-based software that provides award-winning work management features to your business. This will make roadmap planning, task completion, and project management seem like a walk in the park.
Smartsheets provide Gantt charts, one of the best ways to visualize progress inside the company, whether it’s a project, tasks or just an overview for reaching goals.
And since detailed reports are a powerful way to communicate insights, now you can get reports from multiple sheets at the same time.
Understand better how your assets are performing, distribute them, and do smart research across a variety of other assets metadata and taxonomy.
All the company’s data will be updated in real-time on every doc and sheet, for everyone to see. Informed employees will perform better under stress or deadlines, and by building amazing Gantt charts to view the progress better they will know what needs to be done next.
Smartsheets also has some other key features such as:
- Smart reminders, fast task assignments, specialized platforms for communication, and much more
- Simple and powerful workflow automation in a matter of minutes
- Plan, manage and review content
- Control center for all automation, goals, progress tracking, and much more
- Integration support
SmartsheetModern work management with smart Gantt charts for having the best overview of the business.
GanttPro – Best for Gantt charts
GanntPro is an online program that will allow you to draw Gantt charts for different types of projects. This tool is created for real performances and its users got 45% time-saving while planning the project and 70% fewer missed deadlines. Impressive, huh?
This is not its only strong point – you will also be able to manage the team more efficiently so they could have more productive results and it is managed to cut off project management expenses where this can be done.
If you want to see if somebody is underperforming or has too many tasks, you can monitor that from your management dashboard.
Gantt Pro has many other useful features to discover but you need to try it for yourself. Check it out after getting a free version from its website.
All you have to do is to try it and learn the basics as GanttPro is user-friendly and you can do a lot of stuff while knowing the most simple manipulations.
Here are some key features:
- Drag-and-drop simplicity
- Delegate different projects and tasks
- Prioritize tasks functions
- Set durations and dependencies
- Create separate and distinct workplaces for teams
- Easy resource and cost management
GanttProPlan your project to fruition with seamless Gantt charts and task prioritization features.
Edraw Project – Great for project tracking and management
Edraw Project is an ideal project management tool recommended if you want to quickly create your very own customized Gantt charts with simply mouse clicking or data file generation.
You can master the present progress with Edraw Project by using the timeline and multi-angle reports, allowing you to provide appropriate answers to various difficulties more rapidly.
After you start a task, you may follow its progress with a progress bar that displays the task’s completion percentage on the taskbar. Normally, you may manually record the completion percentage by using the mouse. If the Auto Progress option is enabled, the progress meter will be automatically updated each day.
The software can help you deliver high-quality work on time by scheduling all of your projects in one place, assigning resources to tasks, tracking the progress to optimize the team’s time usage, and managing the budget.
Furthermore, you can make the most of your team’s time by enjoying an incredibly easy interface and various managing and tracking functionalities.
Here are some other key features of this software:
- Convenient drag-and-drop functionality
- It generates reports to capture specific project information in summary views
- Easily set, change, or measure progress for all tasks and subtasks on your projects
- It links tasks to create dependencies so that all tasks can update at the same time
- It provides quick export to MS Office files and other files
- Successfully tracks costs involving a system of standard or overtime rates
Edraw Max Breakdown Structure Software – Most types of uses
Edraw Max provides a really innovative approach to creating, editing and modifying WBS diagrams graphically. It comes with lots of cutting-edge tools for advanced drawings.
Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) are quite useful when it comes to understanding the budget and resources required for your project, and when you are unsure where your project stands, you may refer to the WBS to obtain a clear picture.
WBS may serve as a roadmap for your industry’s technical side, allowing teams to see the development phases and get a sense of how the project is progressing.
Edraw Max is ideal not only for professional-looking flowcharts, mind maps, and organizational charts but also for network diagrams, floor plans, fashion designs, electrical diagrams, ULM diagrams, and more.
Check out the most important functionalities that are included in this tool:
- Create WBS effortlessly
- High-level and detailed display of all your projects
- Present an unlimited number of fields
- Automatically increase the size of the WBS chart
- Save the WBS chart to various formats, and they can be any size and contain any number of tasks
WBS Schedule Pro – Best for block schemes
This is a Project Management software with WBS charts for planning, and network charts for scheduling. You will be able to find all the necessary tools to manage and plan your projects.
Use a Network Chart to plan and manage projects by linking activities to establish dependencies and define the Critical Path. The click-and-drag method makes it simple to arrange the activities in your project.
WBS Schedule Pro is fully integrated with Microsoft Project. WBS Schedule Pro may be used as a front-end planning tool for Microsoft Project or to generate charts from existing Microsoft Project plans.
Discover how simple it is to plan your most complicated projects utilizing a Top-Down strategy. Only then will you be able to identify the activities that are critical to completing your project on time.
Take a look at the most important functionalities that come packed in this tool:
- Use the UBS chart to brainstorm projects by breaking them down into manageable pieces
- Top Down approach to create projects
- Define the dependencies in your project easily
- Click and drag to create links
- The Gantt Charts are really easy to use, and they’re loaded with features
MindView WBS Software – Best for work breakdown
This is a full-features WBS Software with robust Project Management functionalities included.
MindView produces mind maps that can be used in presentations, reports, websites, and other applications. It is ideal for usage by individuals, small teams, and big organizations.
Mind Maps can be tiny and basic, like the one above depicting a work breakdown structure, or huge and complicated. MindView is an excellent and adaptable concept development tool, with a wide range of export choices to Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Project, HTML, and other formats.
To develop a Work Breakdown Structure, begin with the end product in its whole and work your way down to increasing degrees of detail.
MindView is perfect for this since it allows you to rapidly enter items and then organize them into a structure that is appropriate for your project. When you change your mind, it is simple to reorganize your valuables.
Check out the best features that come with this tool:
- Efficient brainstorming, developing, and structuring ideas visually
- Add calculation fields to track cost or budget
- Quickly create a task list
- You can find out how the necessary work is distributed between the elements of your project
- Available guides on how to create a WBS using this tool
- Learn how this software will help your organization and the execution of a project
WBS Tool – Most WBS features
WBS Tool is a free web program that allows you to build WBS, WBS charts, organograms, and more types of hierarchies.
Take a look at the most important features that you will be able to find in this tool:
- The WBS Tool will work with any web browser if you have the Adobe Flash plug-in installed.
- Using this tool, you can build WBS charts effortlessly.
- You can use the links displayed on the official website, and you can also register to have your own account.
These are the best tools for creating WBS and Gannt functionalities that you can currently find on the market.
Head over to their websites and check out their complete sets of features before you decide which one is the best choice for your needs.
While we’re talking about project management, you might be interested in our selection of the best time-tracking tools.
Which product did you choose? Let us know about your experience in the comments section below.