After applying a little editing polish to photographs with image editors, you can also showcase your pictures with slideshow software. Slideshow, otherwise presentation, software enables users to display an image collection within a single slideshow so that they don’t need to open each photo separately.
With those applications, you can set up photo presentations with some dazzling extra effects, animations, music and subtitle captions that provide extra image details. This is some of the best Windows 10 slideshow software.
Icecream Slideshow Maker (recommended)
The first slideshow software that we want to show you is Icecream Slideshow Maker. This is an incredibly simple application, and by using it you can combine your photos and music into amazing presentations.
Regarding the features, here’s what Icecream Slideshow Maker can offer:
- Support for JPG, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
- Support for MP3, WAV, and WMA files
- Ability to control how long each slide will be displayed
- Preview feature
- History feature that allows you to always return to your old projects
- More than 20+ different transition effects
- Ability to upload your creations to YouTube with a single click
- Support for cloud storage websites such as Dropbox or Google Drive
- Ability to burn slideshows directly to DVD
- 4K slideshow support
- Ability to add animated text
Magix PhotoStory Deluxe (recommended)
Magix PhotoStory Deluxe is a professional slideshow software, and it’s easily one of the most advanced tools on our list. The application allows you to create HD presentations, and it has various advanced features.
As for the features, here are few notable ones:
- Ability to edit photos, videos, and music, all from a single application
- Support for various effects that will make your images pop
- Photo collage feature
- Up to 1500 effects, decorative elements, music, and sounds
- Camera tracking and zooming
- About 250 different transitions
- Ability to create intros and outros
- Travel Maps
- Built-in DVD and Blu-ray burning feature
- 10 video and 2 image export formats
- Support for 4K resolution and 3D
- Ability to share presentations quickly on YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr
PowerPoint 2016 is probably the best-known slideshow software on our list since it’s a member of Microsoft Office suite.
This application offers all the features you’ll need to create impressive slideshows, and speaking of features, here are some top features that we need to mention:
- 50 different transition effects
- 26 backgrounds and themes
- Ability to add motion paths to photos, text, and clip art
- Support for voice narration
- Basic photo editing options that allow you to touch up your images
- Support for DVD, HD, widescreen and QuickTime output formats
Another great application for creating slideshows is ProShow Gold. This application offers a wide array of features and supported formats, so it’s perfect for advanced users.
ProShow Gold comes in three different versions, and each version has different features and price. As for the features, here are some features that ProShow Gold has:
- About 426 transition effects
- 950+ built-in effects and filters
- 330+ royalty-free songs
- Easy to use drag and drop interface
- Ability to import pictures from Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Instagram, and other websites
- Ability to add two or more pictures to a single slide
- The built-in wizard that creates instant slideshows for you
- Basic photo editing that allows you to make color adjustments, crop or auto-correct your photos
- Ability to trim videos
- Support for animated titles
- Audio editing feature that allows you to crop, crossfade or record narration
- 50 different export formats
- Support for HD and 4K output
- Ability to burn CD, DVD or Blu-ray discs
- Can upload directly to Facebook or YouTube from the application
If you’re in need of a slideshow software that has a wide range of editing tools, you should definitely consider PhotoStage.
The application comes in two versions, and both are pretty much the same, except the Pro version allows you to insert video clips to your presentations. Regarding the features, here’s what PhotoStage has to offer:
- Available on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android
- Simple drag and drop user interface
- Support for clip art, video clips, music, text and voice narration
- 35 transition effects
- Built-in photo editing and optimization tools
- Ability to preview effects in real-time
- Audio editing
- Ability to fade, loop and apply various audio effects
- Support for DVD and Blu-ray burning
- Supported export formats include .mov, .mp4, .avi, .3gp and several others
- Support for HD and Full HD video
- Ability to upload slideshows directly to YouTube, Facebook, Flickr
DVD Slideshow GUI
DVD Slideshow GUI is a free slideshow software that will allow you to create slideshows and burn them directly to a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
This software is open-source and completely free, so it’s a perfect choice if you’re working on a smaller project.
As for the features, here are few notable ones:
- Works with jpg, png, bmp, and avi formats
- Supports Efix data
- Can import PowerPoint and Impress files
- Support for animated backgrounds in jpg, png, bmp, avs, and avi format
- Support for multiple audio tracks in mp3, wav or m3u format
- Subtitles with various effects
- Over 200 different transitions
- Ability to add visual effects to images
- Ability to resize images and video clips
- Borders for images
- Ability to match slideshow to audio length
- Ability to set transition and exposition time for each slide
- Export to mpg, mp4, avi, flv, and other popular formats
- Support for DVD and Blu-Ray burning
Movavi Slideshow Maker
If you’re in need of an incredibly simple slideshow software, you might want to consider using Movavi Slideshow Maker. The application is incredibly simple to use, and it will allow you to create slideshows in a matter of moments.
Keep in mind that all your slideshows are saved as videos, so you won’t be able to go back and forth between slides. As for the features, here are some features that Movavi Slideshow Maker offers:
- User-friendly interface that allows you to create slideshows from your photos in a matter of minutes
- 150+ different filters
- 100+ transition effects
- 40+ titles
- Ability to add your own songs or use one of many built-in tracks
- Ability to upload your slideshows directly to YouTube from the app
Those are seven of the best presentation applications for Windows 10 to showcase photographs with. With them you can set up photo slideshows with a variety of transition effects, backgrounds and themes, animations, additional clip art, subtitle narratives and background music.
Then you can add the slideshows to numerous media output formats on DVD, Blu-ray and CD or share them via YouTube, Twitter, email, etc.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since revamped and updated with new products so our users would have a wider range of alternatives.