Zoho Creator is an extensive platform that can help you design mobile-friendly applications quickly and with minimum coding knowledge. You can use it to develop applications in a timely fashion and without significant efforts.
It’s possible to choose from a wide range of pre-made apps or create your project from scratch. Whatever your needs are, if they’re even remotely connected to fast app development, Zoho Creator can probably cater to them.
Zoho Creator’s system requirements
First of all, it’s quite important to mention that Zoho Creator is, in fact, a web application. This means that you can’t download it on your Windows computer and use it in a standalone fashion. However, you can use it on your Windows PC through a compatible web browser.
Which brings us to the matter of system requirements. Zoho Creator by itself doesn’t have any system requirements since it uses a web browser as a host app and runs within it. Therefore, we need to consider the system requirements of whatever web browser you might be using.
Since Google Chrome is the browser of our choice and it’s among the most popular ones on the market, we’ll list its requirements here. With that in mind, here’s what you’ll need if you want to use Zoho Creator on your PC:
- Supported web browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera
- Operating systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Architecture: 32-bit and 64-bit systems are both supported
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU or better (must be SSE2-capable)
- Memory: at least 128 MB RAM
- Space: 100 MBs free HDD space or more
- Internet connection: required to use the program
As you can see, you don’t have to own a supercomputer if you want to use Zoho Creator. You just need a supported web browser, a stable Internet connection, and a supported operating system.
- A remarkable set of features
- Compatible with several other services
- The free version is heavily limited
Zoho Creator free
If you ever tried using Zoho Creator before, you probably know that you won’t be able to do it for free. Zoho Creator has various subscription plans and you’ll need to purchase either one of them if you want to use the product without any restrictions.
However, don’t fret just yet, as we have some good news for you, as well. If you’re not ready to make this commitment just yet, there’s a free version you can use. You just need to create a Zoho account, and you’ll be granted access to it, simple as that.
Know that this free version is heavily limited, so you’ll miss out on many “pro” features. Here’s a list of the free version’s limitations:
- You can only develop one app at a time
- There’s only one user allowed
- You can’t build reports
- There’s no way to share your projects
- No Advanced and AI Fields in the Data Collection and Administration section
- File Storage is limited to 250 MBs per user
- You can only store 1000 records
- No record comments available
- There’s no offline access on the mobile app
- You can only receive 50 email notifications per day
- No schedules, SMS, or push notifications
- Limited to 5000 statements for Deluge scripting
- No multi-language support
- Manual backup is disabled
- No audit trial available for you to use
- You can’t set or change permissions or roles
- No developer sandbox
- Scheduled backup is disabled
- You can’t impose domain restrictions
- Can’t send email notifications from custom email addresses
- No domain authentication
- Website embed/permalink features are disabled
- No payment gateway or customer portal available
- You can’t have any portal users and the SAML authentication for portal logins feature is disabled
- Custom domains for the portal are disabled and customer portal permission sets are not available
- You can’t download and publish rebranded mobile applications
- You can’t perform external calls through your app (such as webhooks or integration tasks)
- The Developer API is restricted to 250 uses per day
- Doesn’t integrate PayPal, iCal Feed, Intuit Quickbooks, Salesforce, Google Calendar, Zoho Books, Zoho Connect, Zoho
- CRM, Zoho Chat, Zoho Subscriptions, Zoho Reports, Zoho Recruit, Zoho Invoice, and Zoho Desk
As you can see, the free version is free for a reason. With so many limitations, it goes beyond the purpose to even consider using it long-term. It’s also worth mentioning that all plans come with a 15-day trial, but you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan before retrieving it, and that means you’ll have to provide Zoho with valid credit card details.
Nice, user-friendly interface
After reaching the dashboard, Zoho Creator started to feel really familiar. Like we’ve been using it for a long time, which we haven’t. The reason for this lies within Zoho Creator’s very interface, which cleverly combines intuitive controls, and has a user-friendly approach.
The reason you’d use Zoho Creator is if you want to create a mobile app with minimum coding knowledge, and this app helps you do just that. Whether you’re a professional or a novice, this product’s design could fit your needs like a glove.
Beginner-friendly mobile app development platform
All things considered, Zoho Creator really does pack a punch when it comes to quick mobile-friendly app development for users who have limited to no coding knowledge. You can create outstanding projects in no time, while Zoho’s layout guides you through the process step by step.
Even though the product isn’t free, you’ll still be able to access a free version of it, if you don’t need the full range of features, or just want to grow accustomed to the app before purchasing a subscription.
FAQ: learn more about Zoho Creator
- Is Zoho Creator any good?
If you’re interested in developing mobile-friendly apps with minimum knowledge, then Zoho Creator is definitely what you’re looking for. It can help you get started and finish your projects in no time.
- How much does Zoho Creator cost?
Depending on your needs, the costs of Zoho Creator range from 10 euros to 35 euros per month. There are several plans with various features, and the prices vary depending on whether you prefer monthly or yearly subscriptions.
- Is there a free version of Zoho Creator?
Yes, you can access a free version of Zoho Creator, but know that it’s extremely limited compared to the paid versions. You can also access a free 15-day trial, but you’ll need to provide your credit card information to Zoho.
- create app, app designer, low-code app creator