In order to access certain game features, gamers need to create an account on Bethesda’s website.
Many players reported encountering difficulties when trying to create an account though.
The error message Something went wrong. Please try again pops up when they try to register their account.
Apparently, this issue is caused by username or password conflicts.
In order to fix this issue, we managed to come up with a few solutions that you should try.
What to do if you can’t create a new Bethesda account
- Try a different name
- Choose a valid password
- Make sure that your username meets the minimum requirements
- Clear browser cache
- Try using a different browser
- Contact the Bethesda support section
1. Try a different name
Because of the fact that there are so many accounts created, it is very hard to find an original name that is not taken.
Choosing an already existing username may trigger this error message.
Add a complex set of numbers after the initial name in order to make it unique (e.g. username2846) and see if you can go through with the registration.
2. Choose a valid password
Having an invalid password could may also trigger the error message Something went wrong. Please try again.
Make sure that you have an alphanumeric password. Certain characters are not accepted when choosing a password.
So, make sure you use a password similar to the following model:
If it doesn’t work, try adding an uppercase letter as well, like in the following example:
3. Check the minimum requirements
Apparently, your username needs to contain at least 4 characters. If your username is too short, an error message will pop on the screen.
If this does not work, we recommend that you try adding at least one more character to your name.
4. Clear browser cache
Storing too much data in your browser could cause various issues. Try clearing the cache to see if it fixes the issue.
In order to clear the cache in Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click the Three dots icon on the top right corner of Google Chrome
- Select More tools > click Clear browsing data
- Choose a time range to delete the data, selecting All time is recommended in order to make Chrome work better
- Select what kind of information you’d want to delete
- Click Clear data.
5. Try using a different browser
Some users reported that changing the internet browser fixed the issue.
There are plenty of browsers that you can choose from. But if you’re looking for a fast, secure and privacy-focused browser, we recommend downloading UR Browser.
6. Contact Bethesda support
If none of the above solutions worked for you, consider contacting Bethesda’s Support Center.
We hope that at least one of our solutions helped you to fix the Bethesda error message. If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- The best Windows 10 RPG games to play in 2019
- 8 of the best PC offline games for 2019
- 5 best gaming programming software to create stunning games