- Canva is a great program that you can use to create a wide variety of video content, and it even comes in a free version.
- Unfortunately, it can sometimes encounter errors. Here's how to solve the Something went wrong error code 500.
- Looking for more in-depth information? Don't miss out on our dedicated Canva Guides.
- Don't be shy to explore our Graphic & Design Hub as well to discover more creative solutions.
An unexpected issue left many people frustrated when trying to access Canva. While trying to load Canva, Something went wrong. Error 500 pops-up. As a result, users can’t access the app.
Canva is an easy to use graphic design tool that is utilized by both amateur and professional designers. The website can be used to create both web and print media graphics.
Apparently, the error message blocking access to the tool is usually caused by network issues or incorrect settings. If you’re struggling with this issue, try following the list of solutions presented below.
Canva (error code 500) Something went wrong: How to get rid of it?
- Try a different third-party tool
- Try a different browser
- Check Canva server status
- Check your internet connection
- Update your browser
- Clear the browser cache
- Disable extensions
Canva is indeed a top-notch graphic design platform, but that doesn’t mean that it is the only way you can create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content.
For example, Adobe Spark can be considered just as good, or arguably better, depending on how you look at it.
This is mainly because it can do pretty much everything that Canva can do, while also being capable of motion graphics, audio recording, music, text, and photos.
Thus, besides social media content, it can also be used to produce short animated videos, narrated explainer videos, and more for platforms such as YouTube.
Adobe SparkDid something go wrong on Canva? Try Spark and create stunning artwork that you can instantly share with the world!
Apparently, some users tried loading Canva using a different browser and it worked.
While there is no shortage of options in this department, we recommend downloading Opera for a fast and secure browsing experience on your Windows 10 PC.
Speaking about security, you will be pleased to know that this feature-rich browser delivers supreme confidentiality for your data, traffic, and search history, making sure your online activities stay truly private.
This level of privacy is achievable thanks to a full-scale, built-in VPN tool that anonymizes your location and directs your data through the VPN’s server, according to the region of your choosing.
Of course, this capacity also comes with more privileges such as the possibility to access blocked websites or geo-restricted content.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- User-friendly and highly customizable interface (different viewing modes, themes, tons of wallpapers, workspace personalization, display sidebar and more)
- Integrated ad-blocker for enhanced privacy against invisible trackers
- Built-in VPN tool (instantly change your IP location to avoid geo-restrictions and browse anonymously)
- Fast upload and download speeds for a streamlined browsing experience
- Countless collaboration and productivity-oriented features (instant messaging on your desktop, workspace customization, sync between all your devices and more)
OperaImproved browsing, 0 interference with other apps, and supreme privacy - what's not to like about Opera?
3. Check Canva server status
Before trying to tweak your computer settings, the first thing you should do is to check Canva’s server status. Sometimes the servers may crash, leaving users unable to connect to the website.
In order to find out if other people are experiencing issues with Canva as well, you should check the server status on DownDetector.com.
When encountering issues with Canva servers, many users send reports to DownDetector. So, if you notice many crash reports lately, the issue could be caused by a Canva server crash.
Therefore, there is no need to make changes to your system. Simply wait until the issue has been fixed on Canva’s end.
4. Check your internet connection
If you notice that your internet is running slower than usual, perform a hard reset your router/modem. If hard resetting your router/modem doesn’t make any difference, contact your internet provider and let them know about this issue.
Make sure to have your PC connected to the internet using a wired connection. Wi-fi connections tend to be less reliable.
5. Update your browser
Updating your browser is an important aspect to consider. Having your internet browser up to date ensures that the issue isn’t occurring on the browser side.
In order to update Google Chrome follow the next steps:
- Click the Three button icon on the top right corner of the browser
- Scroll to the Help section and expand it > click About Google Chrome
- The update process will then start on its own
- Hit the Relaunch button after the update is done
6. Clear the browser cache
To perform this task follow the steps listed below:
- Click the three dots icon on the top right corner of Google Chrome
- Select More tools > click Clear browsing data
- Choose a time range to delete the data, selecting All time is recommended in order to make Chrome work better
- Select what kind of information you’d want to delete
- Click Clear data.
Your browser registers your browsing history data. Having too much data stored could cause crashes and improper functioning of the browser.
Clearing Chrome’s cache is a way to make it run smoother.
7. Disable extensions
To disable Google Chrome extensions follow the next steps:
- Click the Three button icon on the top right corner of the browser
- Expand the More tools menu > select Extensions
- Disable the extensions by clicking the toggle switch next to their name – toggle turning gray means the extension is disabled
Add-ons that you have installed could impact the proper running of Google Chrome. First, you should disable all your extensions.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, enable them back one by one to see which is the extension causing errors.
If none of the above solutions work for you, contact your internet provider. Canva could be blocked by your ISP.
Do you know of any other methods to fix this problem? Feel free to share your experience with us by reaching for the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Canva
- What is Canva?
Canva is a graphic design platform that you can use to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and a wide variety of other video content.
- Is Canva for free?
Canva is available in both a free and a subscription-based model, although the free version does come with a few limitations. One great similar alternative is Adobe Spark.
- How does Canva make their money?
Canva earns most of its revenue from the paid subscription models that it applies to large teams.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.